Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norica Commando do they exist?

NAC Commando

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    My first gun was the ASI Commando, which was a good solid gun in traditional style. I think these were later badged as Norica or NAC Commando, still with the wooden furniture. But I think the one you're talking about, with the camo skeleton stock, looks more like it was based on either the ASI Paratrooper or perhaps ASI Sniper which were much inferior guns with lower power.
    Ive got one of these labelled as as NAC, totally original and looks and shoots lovely. I have been toying whether to sell my FWB124 or this and people may argue but I personally prefer the look and feel of the Commando. Only my opinion.

I have found an advert for a Commando mk 3 but it has a solid wooden stock & there's no mention of the collapsible stock. Was the extending stock available for the mk3 or was it fitted to an earlier/later version?

Red face

ASI stands for Anglo Spanish Imports but as already said, They did import some German stuff too!!

I have a strange rifle that I was given, It says on the cylinder 'PHANTON GUNMARK', I think it's a Norica too, Not in the best nick cosmetically but from what I recall it shoots nice and smoothly!

Dunno why it's Phanton and not Phantom though

It has a strange 'yesteryear' type of cheekpiece!

It's a shame Gary (Grayling) doesn't still come on here as he could abuse me again by calling me golden kna**ers for getting freebies!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I remember Grayling! Nice Chap, met him a few times many many years ago. Your Phanton has a charm of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    ASI stands for Anglo Spanish Imports but as already said, They did import some German stuff too!!

I have a strange rifle that I was given, It says on the cylinder 'PHANTON GUNMARK', I think it's a Norica too, Not in the best nick cosmetically but from what I recall it shoots nice and smoothly!

Dunno why it's Phanton and not Phantom though

It has a strange 'yesteryear' type of cheekpiece!

It's a shame Gary (Grayling) doesn't still come on here as he could abuse me again by calling me golden kna**ers for getting freebies!!

John
    I’m pretty sure the Gunmark Phantom was a Norica. I certainly remember them being Phantoms rather than Phantons but I suspect an error was made when the order was placed by Gunmark or GMK as they are now.

Looks very much like a Norica. Most likely a Model 73 or perhaps a dressed-up (grip cap) Model 61.

The cheek piece looks odd. Is it original? A 73, at least from the late 70s/80s would have a higher “Monte Carlo” comb. Could someone have “improved” it?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Looks very much like a Norica. Most likely a Model 73 or perhaps a dressed-up (grip cap) Model 61.

The cheek piece looks odd. Is it original? A 73, at least from the late 70s/80s would have a higher “Monte Carlo” comb. Could someone have “improved” it?
    It's as I received it, It also looks original to me, Coincidentally i've seen old European guns with siimilar cheekpieces, I recall seeing a HW35L with the same shaped part!

Just found a pic of it on my pc, It's not mine (Unfortunately )

I think I saw this gun on Danny's site..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I had one!
    It was very light and easy to carry with the stock collapsed.
    Pretty good open sights and it had a camo shoulder strap too.
    I can't really comment on the performance or power, I think I was 15 or something like that so it seemed great at the time.
    I too would love to find one now.

Happy days Bob, I dont think there was even a way of measuring power back when I was 15 other than a catalogue or the old metal bin! Like you I would dearly like to find one now.

Hi

I have a Norica Comando,

All original, always wanted one when I was young

I love it, The trigger is rather heavy though

More pictures of my Norica Comando on the link https://imgur.com/a/KUPD19h

Regards
    Paddy
    Last edited by Pad. E; 08-05-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK