Thread: Feinbauwerk 124 sport

Feinbauwerk 124 sport

Hi all, I am currently cleaning up a FWB 124 Sport and replacing seals and a couple of bits! I was looking at stripping it and sending for re blueing, but after a good clean with fine wire wool and oil Ive decided against it! I have been advised to leave it as original as poss as re blueing etc may take away from its true value! The question is if I decide to sell what is the rough value? cheers Trev.

I had mine reblued by Colin Malloy but it's a keeper and aesthetics matter to me and to be honest when people look at it they usually say how nice the condition is rather than ask whether it's been reblued.
    Paul Chell does a reblacking service at around £90 if that's justifiable by you.
    As to value, it would depend on whether the open sites are included, does the safety tab work, how it shoots and condition of the stock. If it's working, depending on condition, I would say between £150 for a rough one and £300+ for a really nice one.

I may be wrong, but personally I don’t think fwb 124s have enough value as collectibles (yet) to worry about refinishing spoiling the value. For me they are in the « quality shooter » box rather than collectible

I doubt you’ll get the cost of a reblue back on a sale though

If you do reblue I can also vouch for Colins work
    Morally flawed

FWB Sport

It's only original once and like the guys have said you will not recoup the cost back and Colin packed in Bluing a few years ago. Mach 1.5

Hi all, and thanks for your replies, the 124 has been fully stripped, cleaned and new seals fitted, the original sights are still fitted, the safety works perfect and its lovely to shoot, the stock is in good condition but does have a few marks as you would expect from a 40 year old gun. Cheers Trev.