Thread: Tv Advert

Tv Advert

Can anyone remember an advert on tv showing a family shooting BSA air rifles ?
    I know there was a series of photo ads in the magazines but somewhere in the shallow depths of my mind I'm thinking this.
    Don't point and laff I'm getting on tha knows. :-)

Just had a dig around and no retro or vintage air rifle ads seem to be around anywhere, I can remember an old Diana air rifles ad from the 70s and thats nowhere to be found either, maybe the powers that be have removed them from viewing, but there was ads in the 70s if I recall correctly, even some game shows gave them away as prizes I think.

Thanks bud.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
    Can anyone remember an advert on tv showing a family shooting BSA air rifles ?
    I know there was a series of photo ads in the magazines but somewhere in the shallow depths of my mind I'm thinking this.
    Don't point and laff I'm getting on tha knows. :-)
    I do remember seeing a tv piece showing a BSA Mercury being used, however it was a public information film on safe use rather than advert though. I seem to recall it looked very 1970's.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    I do remember seeing a tv piece showing a BSA Mercury being used, however it was a public information film on safe use rather than advert though. I seem to recall it looked very 1970's.

Charlie says , " don't shoot your mate in the eye "

Showing even a mundane air-rifle on TV in a snowflake controlled world not only cause difficult viewing for a happy family, but, can cause heart attacks. At the present time, films including comedy, that contain gory violence, extreme foul language, extreme violence, drugs, nudity and scenes of a sexual nature at least carry a warning. Make the most of it whilst it lasts......

All the best......

i think your right

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    i think your right
    Yes, long gone are the days when one needed to bite the head off a live chicken to join a biker club. Us roughy toughy Welsh bikers would insist that the chicken was thoroughly cooked before doing the deed. Things have got really worse though, especially when it churns the guts to bite the head off a chocolate Easter bunny......

Off to the local canal or woods, our rifles, knives and bayonets were openly carried - nobody got hurt. We knew what would happen if miss-use got back to our parents....

All the best....

I seem to remember a TV advert for the first edition of "Airgun World" in 1977, maybe this was it