Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunpower/Airforce in Films

Gunpower/Airforce in Films

I'm sure that many years ago I watched a behind the scenes documentary on a film that I think was from one of the Matrix trilogy.
    I've tried searching and trawling through videos but I can't find it.

It showed them blasting away pillars made of polystyrene using row up on row of Gunpower Stealths all linked up to fire at the same time.

Does anyone else remember seeing this?

Only thing that jumps out at me was Sterling SMG's with Singlepoint sights plus perhaps an air pistol in Star Wars
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I remember those guns and I think the storm troopers had an Mg42 machine gun and Han Solo had a Mauser c96.

In the documentary (must be a dream) it was really effective using air rifles because the polystyrene walls and pillars looked like marble or granite and the pellets cut straight through them.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I'm sure that many years ago I watched a behind the scenes documentary on a film that I think was from one of the Matrix trilogy.
    I've tried searching and trawling through videos but I can't find it.

It showed them blasting away pillars made of polystyrene using row up on row of Gunpower Stealths all linked up to fire at the same time.

Does anyone else remember seeing this?
    I do have a vague recollection of watching a 'behind the scenes' program on the Matrix special effects, particularly Carrie Ann Moss riding a Ducati in to traffic,
    I wonder if it might have been a 'Mythbusters' special ?

Although I'm not a massive martial arts film fan, I watched the documentary about 10 years ago. I wouldn't mind a poster of all the Stealths in action.

I watched a great episode of Mythbusters where they re-created the legendary Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock's shot through a riflescope. Their testing found it couldn't happen and it was a myth. But they received backlash because they used a modern scope during testing instead of the Soviet era 3.5x PU scope. The modern scope, which looked like a Tasco World Class, had more lenses inside and causes the bullet to deflect in the tube. Other viewers said they used the wrong round. Possibly 30-06 vs 300 Win mag.

Mythbusters re-visited this claim and using the correct round and scope, they did manage to pass the bullet straight through and into the dummy behind.

The latest film in the Predator franchise has one of the Airforce rifles in it, it's all white and the leading female uses it whilst the Predator that they have captured is escaping from the laboratory.
    https://youtu.be/RTiU1JxJQkc
    Last edited by aj; 12-04-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Well spotted aj, I saw it at the cinema and I don't remember noticing that. It's funny how many of our airguns get used as tranquiliser in films.

The original film is the best and the 2nd was good with Danny Glover. With the last one they tried to inject comedy which ruined it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    The latest film in the Predator franchise has one of the Airforce rifles in it, it's all white and the leading female uses it whilst the Predator that they have captured is escaping from the laboratory.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 12-04-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Wasn't the bsa scorpion also in one of the bond films, think it was octopussy?
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Yes and a Walther Lp53 not seen in a film but used for advertising. Because someone forgot the PPK for the photshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    Wasn't the bsa scorpion also in one of the bond films, think it was octopussy?

Not an airgun but from Russia with love he has the take down Armalite Ar7. 22lr. I've shot one, they are very plasticky but abroad they make a good boat or plane gun.

You could try the Internet Movie Firearms Database. Now there’s a site you can lose a few hours on...

Thanks I will have a trawl through until the early hours then

I have long believed that Interpol and the FBI pay Hollywood to feature awful guns and terrible shooting techniques and combat tactics in movies in order to reduce the dangers posed by armed criminals and terrorists to the public and the authorities.

Teach them to stand in the open firing stockless Ingrams full-auto held one-handed and horizontally....

Kidding, but you know what I mean?

Honourable exceptions would include Heat and Two Guns. And John Wick films, even though they are a little bit OTT, stylised and cartoony (but great fun, even Mrs Geezer likes the Wick films).

i seam to remember that

Haha yes "It's not like the movies" scenes of unlimited magazines and recoiless full auto.

Remember The Good the Bad and the Ugly when the bad guy was choosing a single action revolver and he put it to his ear to listen to the mechanism. Doing that wouldn't tell you much but the average person would think he knew what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I have long believed that Interpol and the FBI pay Hollywood to feature awful guns and terrible shooting techniques and combat tactics in movies in order to reduce the dangers posed by armed criminals and terrorists to the public and the authorities.

Teach them to stand in the open firing stockless Ingrams full-auto held one-handed and horizontally....

Kidding, but you know what I mean?

Honourable exceptions would include Heat and Two Guns. And John Wick films, even though they are a little bit OTT, stylised and cartoony (but great fun, even Mrs Geezer likes the Wick films).