Thread: Drulov DU10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Drulov DU10

Just acquired this beauty.
    Not sure what I can use it for other than precision plinking but it certainly is a lot of fun

Very fun precision plinking!
    I love my one, quite unique and accurate pistols.

Enjoy,
    Matt
    Last edited by ptdunk; 13-04-2021 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

Mine gives the Steyr LP50 a run for its money in formal rapid fire pistol competition.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Mine gives the Steyr LP50 a run for its money in formal rapid fire pistol competition.

Brian

Tell me more about this.
    I remember years ago a rapid fire discipline but can't find anything about it now.
    I had assumed it was now redundant

Quote Originally Posted by andyals View Post
    Tell me more about this.
    I remember years ago a rapid fire discipline but can't find anything about it now.
    It’s still an Olympic discipline:

https://youtu.be/bhuN2VcmYHg

The DU10 was developed to give the Czech rapid fire team something to practice with that didn’t use up expensive ammunition.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    It’s still an Olympic discipline:

https://youtu.be/bhuN2VcmYHg

The DU10 was developed to give the Czech rapid fire team something to practice with that didn’t use up expensive ammunition.

Matt
    Ah yes I'm aware of this but wasn't there also a rapid fire air pistol event.

Quote Originally Posted by andyals View Post
    Tell me more about this.

The club of which I'm a member enter two teams in the Sussex County Smallbore Rifle Association .177 rapid fire air pistol competition. The course of fire consists of two five shot strings each shot consecutively on separate cards in under 20 secs at 10 metres. The target card used is the NSRA Air 10/97-18 (10M Rapid Fire Air Pistol 1 Target) which has a lightly larger aiming (scoring) area than the 10 metre precision pistol target. The pistol of choice for most is the Steyr LP50, but my Drulov Condor competes well for a pistol costing a fraction of the cost. I've heard stories that the Drulov can be unreliable and prone to multiple discharges, but mine has worked almost faultlessly for many years with just routine maintenance.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    The course of fire consists of two five shot strings each shot consecutively on separate cards in under 20 secs at 10 metres.
    Brian
    Hi Brian,
    I’d not really heard of this with air pistols, although I have seen the targets on the NSRA site.
    Is that two 5 shot strings in 20 secs? (ie 10 secs per 5 shots) or 20 secs for each 5 shot string?

I might order some targets and try it out with my Drulov, sounds like fun.

Cheers,
    Matt