Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 2200 Internal problem

Crosman 2200 Internal problem

Hi,

I have a Crosman 2200 that I have asked a question or two about on here before... I did think that its problem was the pump seal but alas it must be something else as this seal has been replaced. The pump arm now does not sink when extended so the problem must be further inside the gun.

So, what is the best way to go about this? The gun is worth nearly nothing except sentimental value as my late father gave it to me. Do I buy a new part and replace the whole of the inside? I have no idea what would be in there and even if it is a viable option to open the rifle as its made from that awful mazak stuff?

I have been on and off with this for well over 12 months so need to pull my finger out, any suggestions other than bin it would be welcome.

Thanks.

what's the problem with it as they're fairly simple guns but can be fiddly to put back together for the first time

This is a 2100 strip - pretty similar to the 2200.

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...00-part-1.html

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, fiddly, but not complex.. let us know the specific problem. I have a couple and quite like them.
    some monkey metal, but also some steel and plastic
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks Chaps, its just not pumping up, I replaced the pump seal thanks to Lawrie on here but its still not retaining air. I suspect a jammed valve or blown seal in a valve. I have done a search for parts but it is very hit and miss

It never hurts to check parts for similar Crosmans (in this case the 760, 766, 2100, Model 1). Crosman have since the 70s been really good at using the same internal parts across multiple models.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    It never hurts to check parts for similar Crosmans (in this case the 760, 766, 2100, Model 1). Crosman have since the 70s been really good at using the same internal parts across multiple models.
    Ah, all the O rings and valves are the same as a Crosman 1322 pistol, EXCEPT that the exhaust valve stem is shorter on the 2200 so a 1322 valve will need cutting to length.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Ah, all the O rings and valves are the same as a Crosman 1322 pistol, EXCEPT that the exhaust valve stem is shorter on the 2200 so a 1322 valve will need cutting to length.
    I did not know that, but it’s exactly the kind of thing that I meant.

It's fairly easy to isolate the leaky seal but not that useful since the pressure chamber will need stripping anyway.
    Will try to get photos of similar innards in a day or so if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I did not know that, but it’s exactly the kind of thing that I meant.
    I should have chipped in earlier, Crosman are very good at using tried and tested components in different guns in order to keep things simple.

The seals of a Crosman 140 rifle are the same as used in a Crosman 1300 pistol.

The exhaust valve from a Crosman AS2250 fits directly into a Sheridan C9 Silverstreak.

Anyway I'm pretty sure Ped could supply the OP with the appropriate seal kit for a Crosman 2200.

All the best Mick

one complexity with the 2200 is they often have a blow off valve fitted underneath the main valve. quite a few extra seals to leak. Just strip it all down, remove the valve, easiest thing to check is the outside seal, see if that's gone. If it's leaking through the valve (stem), you should have air coming out of the barrel as you pump (bolt closed). If it's leaking through the blow off, air will come out of the small hole underneath, just in front of the trigger. But I'd just strip and replace all the seals and stem.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks for the advice Guys, I don't think any air is coming out of the barrel when its pumped. I have limited (OK no) skills regarding this stuff so will probably drop this off for GGGR who is a massive fan of Crosman so I have been told (ahem). Its such a pity that these rifles are almost finished when something goes wrong, having said that I suppose its 30 years old and made of very cheap materials.

Thanks for the pointers Guys, at best this may just be decorating my gun rack.

pretty certain it'll be the valve stem but the relief valve can cause issues
    stripping the valve can be a bugger as they were loctited quite often and gripping the front is awkward without collets or a lathe
    i generally have one go at just undoing it before resorting to a bit of heat
    the original stems in these are prone to degrade just like the 1322/77 stems of the time but can be replaced with the new 2100 stem

It sounds do able ped but maybe just a complete new unit? I dont know if they make them anymore or if anyone imports them-opening that mazak case is a stumbling block. Maybe better to have it in one piece than permanently apart. I dont even think gunshops would have a go at one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    It sounds do able ped but maybe just a complete new unit? I dont know if they make them anymore or if anyone imports them-opening that mazak case is a stumbling block. Maybe better to have it in one piece than permanently apart. I dont even think gunshops would have a go at one?
    mate, it's like three screws. Or hang it on the wall. Or flog it to someone who will fix it