Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
I’ve had some mixed experiences with the 280.

I really wanted one the first time they were announced as that slim stock looked so damn nice and low and behold I snapped up a used full length regular 280 not very long after they were released way back in 2011

First impressions were decent it shot nice and the T06 was a pleasure and that’s coming from a rekord snob

After the novelty had worn off as per usual I moved it on to help fund something else at the time as I regularly flit between Springers/pcp’s.

Then in 2013 I spotted a tuned 280k version (SFS) and just had to try it as I still prefer Carbine type Springers and it ticked the boxes so to speak.

It was a bit meh to be honest and not that dissimilar to my bog standard version so again it was booted out the door for something else

Then my 3rd time lucky surfaced a year later in late 2014 which was another 280k but totally standard this time and same again it was still a bit meh in all honesty.

Couldn’t quite put my finger on why the 280 didn’t quite do it for me maybe it just didn’t feel dare I say ‘quality’ enough and strange as it seems but last year I briefly owned a Remington express that came my way more out of curiosity than anything else but I couldn’t half think it really reminded me of the 280
You do seemed to have persevered with the 280 and can certainly speak with some authority. Like you I love the T06 trigger though I've no doubt there will always be those that can knock even this. Like you I've a big respect and love for the Rekord so that unit is the benchmark we are measuring against. I have and still own lots of HWs to this day and enjoy flitting between the two marques. Understandably in your case the sale of one funds the purchase of the next and I wonder if that is also a factor in how you've come to own the same gun three times.
I've never shot a full length version but I suspect it's a little more tame than the 280K which can be a little snappy. I am surprised that the SFS version didn't float your boat as to their credit they do appear to sprinkle some magic on most guns they fettle.
In contrast to yourself my 280 seems every bit as up to scratch quality wise with my 99s and I think they complement each other, but hey that's me. Having shot a Diana Airking for some time now picking up a 280 or a 99 does feel like picking up a kids toy which of of course they are precisely not. I certainly wouldn't confuse lightweight with cheap build- as am sure many of us wouldn't. Both are lightweight springers which do make an occasional pleasant change from carrying some heavy scale shooting iron around.
Dave