Thread: 10m pistol rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

10m pistol rules

So I've bought this Drulov target pistol (DU 10) which is a co2 five shot semi auto.
    I've really bonded with it and at home am getting some great results considering I haven't done any serious shooting for years.
    So here's the thing
    Would it be allowed to use in a 10m competition
    environment if I ever get to that stage.
    The semi auto can easily be bypassed by simply loading one pellet at a time rather than five and size wise it appears to be of very similar dimensions to my FAS 6004.
    I'm left handed and the pistol is right so I'm thinking of splashing out on some Rinks but want to clarify this first.
    If all the pistol is ever going to be a precision plinker then I might as well just carry on with it as is.

First of all download the NSRA Rules and refer to the pistol section.

You will find that there is reference to the ISSF rules for air pistol specifications. These may be downloaded from the ISSF website and iirc the air pistol specifications are in para 8.12, the Specification Table

HTH

Rutty
    Last edited by Rutty; 14-04-2021 at 01:10 PM.

I know that the LP5/LP50 and similar indexing pistols can be used in precision 10m by using a single shot magazine, but I believe the trigger isn't quite as good because of the additional parts in the mechanism. If the DU10 trigger is anything like my GP45, it is a long way from being like the trigger for a dedicated single shot match pistol.
    How weapons control at a match would view it - I just don't know. My first experience was with a Gamo Compact, and the guy doing the checks was completely confused by it - they only ever see PCP's.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    I know that the LP5/LP50 and similar indexing pistols can be used in precision 10m by using a single shot magazine, but I believe the trigger isn't quite as good because of the additional parts in the mechanism. If the DU10 trigger is anything like my GP45, it is a long way from being like the trigger for a dedicated single shot match pistol.
    How weapons control at a match would view it - I just don't know. My first experience was with a Gamo Compact, and the guy doing the checks was completely confused by it - they only ever see PCP's.

Do they still put your pistol in a wooden box to make sure it complies with rules regarding dimensions?
    Surely then anything that fits in it would be a legitimate competition pistol if single shot.

They were still using the box the last time I competed, the other check is the minimum trigger pull of 500 grams, but I don't think they really study how each pistol functions.
    I suppose it's going to be down to individual inspectors as to whether they think it qualifies. It might be worth studying the rules to see if there is anything about multi-shot pistols in single shot competitions, and if there are any exclusions.

You might just end up being forced to buy another pistol...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Drulov

If you can load a pellet singly, (and do so), if it fits the box, and lifts the 500gm weight, and the grip is legal (rules on palm shelf limits), and a standard grip is legal, then it will pass EC, its legal and you could use it.

That said, as a 10 mt single shot match pistol, its not over competitive compared to a modern PCP, or even a true single shot match pistol of any age, but they are great fun. We had one as a club pistol for five shot, the trigger is a a bit agricultural, and from my recollection of our old club one is it would lift the weight easily, its was quite heavy, if you tried to get the trigger even close to 500 gms, as soon as you touched the trigger it would go fully auto!

Brrrrrrrp! All gone! Great fun but a bit disconcerting for those not aware or expecting it!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?