Hi Chaps.

I was wondering if there were any knowledgeable sorts on here who could help me with a Gamo question? Despite not being obviously collectable I have noticed a few (a lot?) of members do have a memory or two of a Gamo rifle or pistol so its worth a shot.

In 2006 (15 years ago now-time flies) Gamo released what I thought at the time was a reasonably handsome break barrel called the Hunter Pro. It had a fluted bull barrel and the sloping rear of the action looks like an old Cadet or Mercury. At the same time they released a Hunter Sport which looks almost identical but minus that lovely slope on the rear which I think we can all agree is important.

So, my question is do these rifles share the same action? The Blue Book gives them the same stats... Also has that stunning rear on the Pro got any connection to BSA?

Does anyone own either of these rifles? Have they any connection to BSA or are they of totally Spanish origin?

Thanks for any help, the only Gamo literature that I have pre dates this rifle and information from Gamo or other sites is just non existent... I may try and find an old Pro (!) to put on the rack alongside my Mercury. I think at the time I was put off by what was described as a polymer barrel whatever that is.