Thread: Manufacturing a trigger price

Manufacturing a trigger price

Hi all. I have been looking to replace the slave trigger on my b&m tx200sr bullpup. The trigger is basically a straight blade connected by a rod to activate the proper triggers sear at the rear. At present the trigger is in brass but i want to change that to stainless. I was given a price of £90 to make it. Is that a bit steep or the going rate? I am also looking to change the brass barrel/ stock band b&m fitted on their bullpup set ups and also in stainless. So is £90 for tbe trigger alone high? He wanted the same to make the barrel band also. Feedback appreciated. Chris

Can you have a go yourself using the original as a template, bit of grinding, filing & drilling. Or maybe you could modify something from 'Rowan Engineering'. Bespoke stuff is usually expensive unless mates rates are involved.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

...Send me some pics please.

Who gave you the price ?

If it's a business then one off items cost them money for setting up the machinery then making it .

His hourly rate too.

More items will have lower costs as there is more to sell.

Price seems quite low for machining a one off stainless part, considering what the previous poster said, and that the machinist has to measure up the original part and make a sketch for all dimensions.