Not sure if this affects collectors items but it's a heads up incase you buy via companies abroad.

I ordered a Weihrauch HW50S from Krale in the Netherlands.

I was originally going to buy an HW99S from a local RFD but most shops were closed (due to lockdown) or out of stock.

Placing the order was easy enough and the package was shipped quickly. However, after a week or so the package was still not delivered and seemed to be stuck at the UPS depot in Stanford-le-Hope. UPS couldn't locate the package and Krale wasn't very helpful, claiming that there was a customs backlog due to [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules] delays.

A few weeks later, I got a letter from Border Force stating that the package had been detained and needed to be sent to an RFD from where I could collect it, this was due to the face to face transfer law added to the VCRA Act 2006 (s32). I called the telephone number on the letter a number of times but no one answered. I contacted Krale but they insisted that the package was with UPS and they assured me that it would eventually be delivered.

A few more weeks pass and still no package. At this point, Krale admit they don't know where the package is and ask UPS to investigate. In the mean time, I receive another letter from Border Force stating that the goods have now been seized under Section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (Offensive Weapons).

I've emailed Border Force pointing out that:

1. The HW50S is an airgun with muzzle energy below the legal limit and as such there are nor prohibitions or restrictions on importing it.

2. The Face to face law in the VCRA Act 2006 (s32) only applies to RFDs. It does not apply to private individuals nor to firearms dealers base abroad.

3. Section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (Offensive Weapons) does not apply to airguns.

In spite of this, I got an email last week from Border Force that they have begun processing my case and expect it to proceed to magistrates' court (unless I acquiesce) where I might be liable to pay their legal costs of at least £2500 if I lose