Thread: Any Gamo Experts on here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You may have a point there Geezer... will look on some parts diagrams now. I assumed it was metal, the ugly duckling arse of the Hunter has a plastic cover not unlike a Meteor so it is possible.

Check here. Scroll for parts diagrams
    https://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/g...despieces-gamo
    ATB,
    yana

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    The sloppy back bit is indeed a plastic add on, I bought one a while back from Knibbs to try and add to my Brocock Independent which is a mix of Gamo action with a BSA barrel in a different stock, the sloppy bit fits the rear of the action but the stock has to be modified, I've found that a lot of Gamo parts are generic and may only differ in length, like cylinders or cocking linkages etc to cater for different powered models.

So getting back to your question, I expect the actions of the rifles you mention are the same but the stocks may be different regarding the fitting of the sloppy back block, that idea was most probably stolen from BSA as Gamo bought BSA back in the 1980's, that's why the newer Meteors look and are very Gamo in looks.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

hwtgyr thank you for that link... I have looked for ages and went on the Gamo site a few times and missed this. What a fantastic link, already have several pages downloaded ready for printing. The sloping part in question does indeed look like its an "add on" for aesthetic purposes only so could well just be plastic.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    hwtgyr thank you for that link... I have looked for ages and went on the Gamo site a few times and missed this. What a fantastic link, already have several pages downloaded ready for printing. The sloping part in question does indeed look like its an "add on" for aesthetic purposes only so could well just be plastic.
    Yep defo plastic.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Your right about the Gamo actions Pete. There are literally dozens of models on offer that use the same part numbers. I suppose its a reflection of their business model to have a seemingly new model out every month but frustratingly models drop out of their range just as quickly. Despite this they do occasionally hit on a winner like the 440 or the Stutzen. Its a pity about the part being plastic... suspiciously BSA looking. Who knows with manufacturing starting here quality may improve (not that it the worst by far).