Thread: Anyone home?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
    No one has posted because pistols are pointless
    Au contraire, 5.5 FtLb pistols are highly pointable and have their uses as well as their leisure capability!
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

This section of the forum is used. look at the number of posts compared to other sections.

Rifles do actually have their uses, the longer barrels assist in removing constipation blockages better than pistols do.

pistol shooting

I am new to the hobby,and looking to start pistol shooting.
    joe

DAR - "Better pistol biased forums to be in."
    David.

Certainly more active forums to be in.

To back that statement up, a couple of days ago I looked at five forums (with air pistol sections) that I'm a member of and counted the amount of posts in the first 10 air pistol threads on each -

A***** ****M 540
    T***** ***K 188
    U***F 118
    C**A 71
    and
    Airgun BBS 75

Admittedly, that's a quick and dirty comparison (three of those forums are niche focussed if that makes any difference) and doesn't take frequency of posts into account (not that Airgun BBS shines there) but, of the two "general" forums listed above, this place looks a little lost and forlorn by comparison.

Still, not the least amount of activity as Airgun BBS beat’s C**A by 4 posts although, in the interests of clarity, C**A has less than one-hundredth of the membership of this forum.

EDIT: I noticed some errors with the numbers in an earlier version of this post. I’ve corrected them and substituted this post as the edit function wasn’t working.
    Ignoring is bliss.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimfire View Post
    ...Certainly more active forums to be in.
    In terms of pistol traffic, clearly yes.

The overall airgunning education that's available is good value for the time spent on just one forum. This one.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Ahh yes - Quality over Quantity.

Bit too subjective to quantify, I suspect. Still, if Less is More then we're way, way ahead of other places.

It's maybe just me but I can't help having a little chuckle that this, the busiest thread (joint highest posts at the time of writing) for months in this section, is about the lack of activity.
    Ignoring is bliss.

I regularly view the pistol section, and occasionally comment, but very, very rarely look at the 'rifle' section (i.e. the rest of the forum!)

Still enjoying the Hurricane I bought from you last year Antoni, very nice pistol.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Unless I'm looking to buy something I've always browsed by clicking New Posts. In the former case I'd just use the search function.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Anyone who follows the TbT facebook page knows I post plenty of air pistol stuff on there. The problem here is you can't post pics, the last few posts have been TAC pistols, modifications, ram chargers etc. Pointless without pics!