Thread: Anyone home?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone home?

(Taps on microphone) Testing, testing, one two, one two...

Nearly two weeks have passed without anyone posting in this section - is something broken or are the pistol fans going elsewhere?
    Ignoring is bliss.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    I keep looking for something new as well.Perhaps I ought to start a topic but can't think of anything at the moment, mind you I haven't bought a new pistol for a couple of years...
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    I keep looking for something new as well.Perhaps I ought to start a topic but can't think of anything at the moment, mind you I haven't bought a new pistol for a couple of years...
    Maybe because the pistol(s) you've got hit the spot - so to speak.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    Maybe because the pistol(s) you've got hit the spot - so to speak.
    If only...
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Brimfire View Post
    (Taps on microphone) Testing, testing, one two, one two...

Nearly two weeks have passed without anyone posting in this section - is something broken or are the pistol fans going elsewhere?
    Better pistol biased forums to be in.
    David.

Been mainly shooting rifles of late. I go thru spells of what I'm shooting. My CO2 pistols are kept for warmer weather. My old Wobbley pistols I'm more likely to post topics on in the 'collectables' section.
    Currently I'm in a vintage underlever phase.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Given the other options on here (General, Collectables for older stuff, Target for target people) and that other forums are available, I do wonder about the future of this section.

The rationale used to be to stop interesting/important/useful pistol posts on General going unseen because they got buried below the usual mostly rifle-based traffic.

But is putting them in here, where very few people seem to look these days, actually worse?

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    ...... I do wonder about the future of this section.

The rationale used to be to stop interesting/important/useful pistol posts on General going unseen because they got buried below the usual mostly rifle-based traffic. But is putting them in here, where very few people seem to look these days, actually worse?
    No. If you're particularly interested in pistols why not have this page book-marked?

I look here regularly and yes, the interesting stuff does stay around longer for people who look here less often to see. It works.

I like my air rifle (just the one now) but no longer have a serious use for it. My two air pistols with their lower power are much easier to use regularly, the regularity of being able to shoot them indoors has brought my skill level up from crap to passable.
    Last edited by Antoni; 29-04-2021 at 09:10 AM.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

I think people browse but don't post. I am more into the classics so use the collectibles section more. I do keep my eyes on this though, in case anything that interests me is posted. I am much more of a pistol user and collector than I am with rifles