Thread: Sig Sauer X5

Sig Sauer X5

What are your thoughts on the Sig Sauer X5 as a target pistol, will I be frowned upon if I turn up to a gun club with it?
    Are there any hacks on making these super accurate, I have had it a couple of weeks and it seems accurate enough with a quick tweak of the rear sight.
    To be completely honest, I bought 3 pistols all CO2 when really I should have just gone for a dedicated target pistol as thats what I prefer, but as I have not been an active shooter for over 30 years I let my eyes do the shopping and didnt quite think things through, I do like the Sig but dont think its quite right for a target pistol, especially at a club.
    Last edited by DM1964; 26-03-2021 at 03:52 PM.

Plinking fine, but I'd say no as a target pistol. If your club is a serious target club I've no doubt you will be steered towards a more suitable pistol, one that would be allowed in competition. If not, crack on.

If you want to do proper target AP at 10m and or 20yard I'd get a target pistol.

Can't comment on rapid fire comps tho as I don't do it. Wouldn't have thought Co2 would be great for that either to be honest.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Sig Sauer X5

I have a Sig X5 and can say it will fire the 20 pellets as fast as I can pull the trigger. Better with a new co2 bulb. Have a spare magazine and it clips in easily and as quick as I can. Practice
    this to improve time. IF you are local to me you are welcome to try out.

If you want to do serious target work avoid anything CO2, they are just for playing.

If you just want a plink go for it.

For something accurate for not much money try the Artemis PCP pistols at around (last I looked) 180-200 quid. Build quality is sketchy but for the money they're very good.

Lewis