Thread: Custom mould makers?

Question Custom mould makers?

Does anyone know of companies (or individuals) making custom bullet moulds?
    I was thinking Lee but they've suspended custom work due to high demand.

I'm looking for mould 5-6 cavity for .32 SWC slugs with gas checks.
    There are a few option on the market but none perfectly match and the length is a critical limit so I'm looking to custom order the exact thing.

Accurate molds

http://accuratemolds.com/

Thanks Mag,
    I might keep them as a last resort as their tooling limitations wouldn't produce an exact copy.

Solvo,

Only custom mold makers I've used in recent years since the likes of Paul Jones retired was Buffalo Arms: https://www.buffaloarms.com/bullet-m...et-moulds.html

Ignore the 'not in stock' they make so many variations yo call and they tur them round (no pun!) pretty quick. Limiting factor recently has been mold blanks from Saeco.

They make very good molds but not sure on multi cavity , I've only seen doubles?

Good luck in your quest.

T

Thanks thibben.
    I can live with a double if that's all I can get. Just annoying casting such tiny rounds in pairs!

went ahead & sent them a request anyway, see if they can help.

mould

a while ago i bought some moulds, among them is a 4 gang .32 SWC mould,
    send me an e-mail and i will send you a picture,
    only problem is i am still waiting for these to be dispatched,
    any day now , they say,
    stay safe ,
    T

I've recently had mould from Noe moulds. Their moulds are lathe bored and you have to specify the diameter you want and other dimensions. Manufacturing quality is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew375 View Post
    I've recently had mould from Noe moulds. Their moulds are lathe bored and you have to specify the diameter you want and other dimensions. Manufacturing quality is very good.
    Out of interest what did it cost including shipping and duty etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mag44uk View Post
    Out of interest what did it cost including shipping and duty etc?
    About £114. This was for a double cavity aluminium mould. The price for the actual mould is very reasonable when you consider it is basically a one off, cavity wise. As usual it was the duty and vat that really put the price up. Also, parcel force couldn't actually be bothered to deliver it, kept it in the delivery office for a month without telling me and returned it to the sender, who then had to resend it, at his cost. This time I had a tracking number so followed the mould to my delivery office.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew375 View Post
    About £114. This was for a double cavity aluminium mould. The price for the actual mould is very reasonable when you consider it is basically a one off, cavity wise. As usual it was the duty and vat that really put the price up. Also, parcel force couldn't actually be bothered to deliver it, kept it in the delivery office for a month without telling me and returned it to the sender, who then had to resend it, at his cost. This time I had a tracking number so followed the mould to my delivery office.
    Thankyou!