Thread: snowpeak

snowpeak

Hi is there anyone got the snowpeak (artemes) P35.If so whats your thoughts on the gun.I am considering getting one.TIA

i have one about 3 weeks old, i like it, but, the quality is really bad , rough metal work ,sharp edges, the pellet probe support bush is way too big in the centre hole ,it allows the probe too be off centre when entering the barrel ! i had too make a new one, i gues it will be ok when ive finnished fettling it !. if you get one make sure you clean the barrel really well before you use it. (its full of black sticky gunk).

Its a P15 with a linkage

I went to buy one as I fancied a .22 bullpup for ratting but once at rfd and handling it I left it alone, horrible to cock as it was very notchey, the probe rattled about and smk still refuse to supply spares to service or maintain them, I bought the Benjamin Akela instead.

Ive had a couple of the p15’s and both had issues but after a bit of work they can shoot well, I have recently bought the m16 and again their very cheaply made, fit and finish is crude at best but you are buying a very low quality, budget pcp so whats expected ?

That said, some shoot ok and some dont so its a gamble, a great tinkering gun as their simple to work on but its easy to chuck cash at getting them right. Look at the Cometa stuff as they offer a lifetime warranty and the gamo boxer has some good reviews, the kral breaker is another. The Benjamin is quite new and is not a kral as reported, its made by krals parent company to Benjamins spec, nothing kral fits it and so far its proving a good little pup, the selling point for me was the back up from the importer as before I bought it I asked for some spares as I like to service my stuff, they have parts and will supply, that sold it to me.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Hi,
    Funny enough I've just added a post asking about the gun,I bought one about three weeks ago and accuracy wasn't great, I contacted the shop and they were happy to send it back,because I can't go back for a week I decided to persevere, I cleaned the barrel which I read was essential on p15,,p35 is a modified version so I did,first off groups were wild but after a few through it tightened up,I tried lots of pellz and JSB Heavy is best,last night I removed the baffles(easy)and noticed the holes were slightly off centre,I corrected these in ten minutes just using a craft knife,I tested at 15Y in back garden and it was seriously pellet on pellet!!!,I now need to test it at my zero range of 30y up the paddock, looking promising, I never expected the gun to perform like my R10 or HW 100 but I want it for night vision due to it weight,as long as I can get a 5p cluster at 30y it will do,watch this space,