Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5.6 pellets

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I sent for some of the Power Force pellets that DM80 recommended and they work very well in my .22/5.6mm Haenel 302. The 16grn Maxima roundheads were the best but the Wadcutters were almost as good for accuracy but well behind in energy and extreme spread.
    I will try them in my Airsporter very soon as I can't hit a barn door with it as things stand.

It would be interesting to discover how you get on in terms of accuracy and also power improvement or otherwise, if you have a chrono.

A

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    It would be interesting to discover how you get on in terms of accuracy and also power improvement or otherwise, if you have a chrono.

A
    I've just ordered 1000.. if Dave says they are decent, I'm sure they will be more than good enough, especially as I seldom use my open sighted vintage springers past 15 yards, and certainly not in any situation where absolute accuracy is paramount
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post

A
    I am using them in the Haenel at 10 and 15m with open sights and getting good groups. At 10m they are clustered in one large hole about the size of a finger nail.
    Power is about 5% up on the next best pellets with 9fps spread over 10 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I am using them in the Haenel at 10 and 15m with open sights and getting good groups. At 10m they are clustered in one large hole about the size of a finger nail.
    Power is about 5% up on the next best pellets with 9fps spread over 10 shots.

That is good to know. Please let us know how you get on with your Airsporter, using these pellets. This might provide additional guidance in terms of their performance in other 5.6mms, including Mk3s and BSA Standards.

Rgds
    A

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Have you actually tried them Roy?... They are actually pretty good.
    Yep here they are behind the targets (10 tins of them!)

Lovely and quiet!!!!!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!