Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuners! Is this, er, very wrong?

Er, and, ladies and gentlemen......today our Tom features the TIAT tune on the little HW30S that he's testing. This time he's using less grease after conceding that he maybe went a bit OTT with the LGV.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Er, and, ladies and gentlemen......today our Tom features the TIAT tune on the little HW30S that he's testing. This time he's using less grease after conceding that he maybe went a bit OTT with the LGV.
    That seems to have went better, thank goodness. The thing with TG is that he has stripped, worked on and rebuilt all sorts of air rifles for his blog over the years.
    He does seem to want to experiment with seemingly dubious techniques such as the super greasing.
    He would be the first to admit that conventional tuning/ sorting and re-lube is the best solution but I suppose he looks to try TIAT etc for the benefit of less technically competent readers or just folk that look to take short cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I remember years ago somebody on here saying this was a SFS stage 1 tune.
    I wondered how long it would take

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    so much grease the sticker slid off
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    I was going to say it but was not wanting abuse from the SFS fan boys.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I just let it slide......

Glad to say SFS have moved on from those days. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    .... but I suppose he looks to try TIAT etc for the benefit of less technically competent readers or just folk that look to take short cuts.
    Those people should buy PCP's

Tuners! Is this, er, very wrong?

I had a rough brum supersport with brown boot polish finished stock that i picked up cheap like that & it shot better than any supersport/lightning that i've shot, i shot a ten shot ragged hole group at ten meteres with the opens with it, we all used to stuff lots of moly grease in when we were about 13 in the early days to damp twangy springs & knew no better tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    ........we all used to stuff lots of moly grease in when we were about 13 in the early days to damp twangy springs & knew no better tbh.
    I think the general rule of thumb for a late 70s/early 80s "tune" was a de-burr, polish, Dri-Slide application and about a teaspoon's helping of LT2 evenly distributed over all the surfaces of the spring?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I see that Tom has further updated the blog with a re-think on the LGV lube. He's since stripped the rifle, removed the excess lube, re-applied sparingly and the results are, unsurprisingly, far better.

Nice one Tom. I do like to look in on his blog and it's often a great source of information. Not always 100% correct in every detail but, as we've said before on here, you can't fault his enthusiasm, passion and dedication.

I see that Tom has further updated the blog with a re-think on the LGV lube. He's since stripped the rifle, removed the excess lube, re-applied sparingly and the results are, unsurprisingly, far better.

Nice one Tom. I do like to look in on his blog and it's often a great source of information. Not always 100% correct in every detail but, as we've said before on here, you can't fault his enthusiasm, passion and dedication.
    Indeed. He is definitely a good thing.

Not afraid to learn and update his thinking .
    sensible fella .

what first seems like a great idea may not be as fabulous once you've had a chance to digest .
    It's that there evolution innit .