Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abas Major.

The reason I was disappointed with the Warrior was that it shot 3 inches low and 2 inches left at 6 yards. I realise other Warriors could be better (or worse). The rear sight had very limited adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stock Detective View Post
    The reason I was disappointed with the Warrior was that it shot 3 inches low and 2 inches left at 6 yards. I realise other Warriors could be better (or worse). The rear sight had very limited adjustment.
    OK well yes I am with you on that , that was more or less my experience too .... but as with many pistols with limited sight adjustment I changed my point of aim and all was well .

I'm still considering a Abas Major but I don't know if I can bring myself to spend what you need to own one.

I'm still considering a Abas Major but I don't know if I can bring myself to spend what you need to own one.
    If you have the funds to invest in an Abas Major, you can be sure you will at least get your money back over time and probably make a profit with the benefit of enjoying it during your ownership'

Brian

Your talking me into it.

Your talking me into it.
    just do it ... I had wanted a Lincoln pistol and a Warrior but for 20 years put it off telling myself its too much money etc etc .... and seeing the prices rise steadily. So last week I finally bought one of each , and of what a joy ... best thing I did , should have done it years ago !

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    If you have the funds to invest in an Abas Major, you can be sure you will at least get your money back over time and probably make a profit with the benefit of enjoying it during your ownership'

Brian
    Like Brian says above, you will not be disapointed.

Your both giving me sound advice. I have always been a dittherer, have missed many good items in the past due to indecision whether they were guns or motorcycles.

Your both giving me sound advice. I have always been a dittherer, have missed many good items in the past due to indecision whether they were guns or motorcycles.
    Good examples of these pistols don't come up too often, so when one does you cant afford to dither or you will certainly miss out.
    Having said that, they are at the rarer end of the pistol collecting spectrum with a consequently higher price tag.
    For the serious classic air pistol collector they are a must, but as said earlier, something from the Webley range may represent a better choice for regular shooting whilst still being collectable.
    Brian

Could I ask a question to John&Josie please. John, you said that you could not get on with each of your Abas Majors. Why would that be, trigger, sights, handling or something else. Hope you don't mind me asking but I respect your knowledge of classics highly.

Ah, I can help you there. If it’s got wheels and an engine, it’s a motorcycle, but if it’s got a trigger it’s a gun

Hope that helps

( sorry couldn’t resist)
    Morally flawed

Could I ask a question to John&Josie please. John, you said that you could not get on with each of your Abas Majors. Why would that be, trigger, sights, handling or something else. Hope you don't mind me asking but I respect your knowledge of classics highly.
    Thank you for your kind words and I don't mind you asking at all.

I think I was just unlucky. Both pistols were in excellent original shape cosmetically. Triggers were good and taps were solid. However, I just could not group with either of them. Even a Warrior I owned grouped better than either of my Abas Majors. Both sounded OK when they discharged and power was similar to a Webley but maybe they needed a little internal TLC? Or maybe I am unable to shoot and Abas well! Alternatively I may not have found the right pellets for them. I think I used original Wasps and Hobby pellets and quite possibly others but it was a while ago now.

Please don't let me put you off as others have got on with their pistols and I am sure you will enjoy yours as it sounds like you do really want one.

I've seen several for sale at Kempton, so it may be worth visiting the next show on 6 June if you are able.

You never know, you may be spoiled for choice

Good luck!

John.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Thanks John. Wish I could get to Kempton but it just too far. I travel everywhere by small capacity motorcycle,(Done all the big bikes. Too heavy for me now) my local arms fair is always Birmingham. Hope there will be one this year.

You got me there Mr Cornelius. I should have seen that one coming.

Thanks John. Wish I could get to Kempton but it just too far. I travel everywhere by small capacity motorcycle,(Done all the big bikes. Too heavy for me now) my local arms fair is always Birmingham. Hope there will be one this year.
    Yes I enjoy attending the Birmingham fairs too and hope they can start up again soon.

Good luck with your search.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.