Thread: Oh my giddy aunt

Oh my giddy aunt

https://worap.wordpress.com/2016/11/...-magic-pistol/

Came across this while rooting around on the Internet (btw he’s got a series of quite good articles on real air pistols too)

While I would have absolutely loved one of these aged 9, I can only think it is a very, very good idea I didn’t have one

(The other reviews are here: https://worap.wordpress.com/category...pistol-review/)
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    https://worap.wordpress.com/2016/11/...-magic-pistol/

Came across this while rooting around on the Internet (btw he’s got a series of quite good articles on real air pistols too)

While I would have absolutely loved one of these aged 9, I can only think it is a very, very good idea I didn’t have one

(The other reviews are here: https://worap.wordpress.com/category...pistol-review/)
    Never ever heard of one before, but i would like to see any data for injuries that were caused through one. I bet it's not as many as you might think Jerry.

I like the description of firing it at your sister, ping-pong ball leaving the muzzle at high velocity followed by a tongue of flame of up to eight feet long. Just imagine shooting at your little sister with one of these (because you just would, wouldn’t you? After all, it’s “harmless”). If the ping-pong ball didn’t get her, the flame-thrower certainly would.
    Last edited by fozzy45; 03-05-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    Rich enough to pay for streaming services online 24/7, without subsidising a left wing organisation. 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    Never ever heard of one before, but i would like to see any data for injuries that were caused through one. I bet it's not as many as you might think Jerry.

I like the description of firing it at your sister, ping-pong ball leaving the muzzle at high velocity followed by a tongue of flame of up to eight feet long. Just imagine shooting at your little sister with one of these (because you just would, wouldn’t you? After all, it’s “harmless”). If the ping-pong ball didn’t get her, the flame-thrower certainly would.
    “Not as dangerous as you might think” would have been a brilliant 1950s advertising slogan.
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    “Not as dangerous as you might think” would have been a brilliant 1950s advertising slogan.
    It's got a certain ring to it that.🤣🤣

And I reckon they would have flown off the shelves with that.🤣
    Rich enough to pay for streaming services online 24/7, without subsidising a left wing organisation. 🖕

not heard of them

I know we rightly mock the interference of elf'n'safety in aspects of our lives it should keep out of, but aiming this product at children is downright irresponsible.

Even for an adult it should be plastered with warnings and built to a standard equal to the potential danger to the user!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

That is mental...

Great review, and interesting seeing it shot on video.

Not surprised it is classed as a firearm or banned in some states!

Yikes.

Matt

Oh boy, after you shoot/blow everyone up, you can test them in your atomic energy lab lol

Had a wee blast with my Austin Dog Trainer

It ia a real paint stripper!

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Good job it is hard to get hold of here in the uk, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4of...KREOSANEnglish

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    This is my favourite part.....

Finally, even when using small quantities of magic crystals, each shot involved the ping-pong ball leaving the muzzle at high velocity followed by a tongue of flame of up to eight feet long, even when using small quantities of magic crystals, each shot involved the ping-pong ball leaving the muzzle at high velocity followed by a tongue of flame of up to eight feet long