Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hw 90 gas ram pros cons ?

hw 90 gas ram pros cons ?

ok thinkin new , want something with moderator always liked the hw 98 , but lookin at the hw90 gas ram ,, any good or over rated
    Tempest .22, BSA Lightning(delux) .22 ,HW 80 K .22 Sako finn fire .22rf, Browning Buckmark 22rf , BSA 22 Hornet centre fire ,Winchester s/a mod 1400 12 bore, Winchester select light 12 bore J Manton hammer side bee side 12 bore and a 410 hushpower, BASC MEMBER

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Pros: It's an HW

Cons: It's a gas ram and doesn't have the Rekord trigger

i did not know about trigger , and thought gas ram less maintenance , but looking into some vids at moment might go hw 80 or 95 , thanks for the info
    Tempest .22, BSA Lightning(delux) .22 ,HW 80 K .22 Sako finn fire .22rf, Browning Buckmark 22rf , BSA 22 Hornet centre fire ,Winchester s/a mod 1400 12 bore, Winchester select light 12 bore J Manton hammer side bee side 12 bore and a 410 hushpower, BASC MEMBER

The HW90'S "elite" trigger is very good (had one for 15 years). Many say it's far better than Theoben rammer triggers.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by benchstop View Post
    The HW90'S "elite" trigger is very good (had one for 15 years). Many say it's far better than Theoben rammer triggers.
    but it's not as good as a Rekord, and can develop a fault causing "hang fires" - fairly easy to fix, but very disconcerting.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The latest HW98 comes threaded if you want something with a silence/moderator. I prefer springers myself as I find the shot cycle a bit snappy with gas rams.

i had a 90 for years nice gun but a heavy old thing it was

Although I'm yet to add one to my HW springer collection, I'm sure I will one day, when money and space allow. The few that I have tried in the past shot very nicely. I'm not sure I'd have one over a springer if it was to be my only rifle, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Gas rams outsell springs in the US.

Different things to shoot. I have one and I like it. The benefit of the HW ram it is serviceable and can be pumped back up again.
    I would like to try a 90 myself.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

The HW90 is a great gun, its accurate well made and shoots very smooth its way better than a standard HW80 and it's elite trigger unit is great to but needs to be set up correctly, ive owned a 90 for 20 years and never been serviced it just keeps shooting great so never really felt the need to dismantle it.

Dave.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    The HW90 is a great gun, its accurate well made and shoots very smooth its way better than a standard HW80 and it's elite trigger unit is great to but needs to be set up correctly, ive owned a 90 for 20 years and never been serviced it just keeps shooting great so never really felt the need to dismantle it.

Dave.
    yes, it's about the only HW I haven't ripped apart and rebuilt - as you say shoots nice and smooth. I did however throw away the unnecesary "floating" (stuck) piston inertia weight when I first got it as a leaking project gun, which is a significant improvement. And stoned the trigger to remove the rough edges. Been perfect ever since - that was over 10 years ago.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Iv'e had 2 ,as I say had.
    The first one I thought might be faulty as it kicked like a kicking thing.
    The second kicked like the first one did,it was not enjoyable to shoot.
    I went back to the 97 k and all was smooth and as it should be.Never again will I go for an HW 90.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post

Dave.
    This is my view also. I have two a 90TB in 22
    (old custom stock version) and another that I fitted a 25 barrel to scratch that itch. Both shoot fantastic, especially the 25 cal. One of the best out of the box airguns there is imo.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    This is my view also. I have two a 90TB in 22
    (old custom stock version) and another that I fitted a 25 barrel to scratch that itch. Both shoot fantastic, especially the 25 cal. One of the best out of the box airguns there is imo.
    It's nice to know not everyone has fillings ,I don't either.I used to however they all fell out after shooting the HW90 ;-)

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I've had a few and they were ok, it's just that for me they didn't do anything an HW80 couldn't do as well or better.

Having said that, if a TB version came along in .22 I would grab it!