Quote Originally Posted by alexall View Post
Yikes, choosing a 95 over a 90. It's like jumping out the frying pan into the fire.

The 90 is in a class of it's own. I like them a lot for they are so easy to shoot well. Opinion, a fast shot cycle can be worded to be snappy and the what you cannot do to one is then described as boring. I have had one for years and loving the no maintenance. If you are a fettler and wants to tweak it every other weekend, then this really is a boring gun. You really leave it alone. The trigger is perfect fine and way better than the Theobens (shameful!!). All in all, the hw90 of old is worthy to have.

Some will insist on the joy of springers. It can have more character and will definitely fill hours upon hours of tinkering for being a grown up Meccano set. Machine parts and tweak to your heart content and if you don't like something or you feel inadequate, spend some more money on alternative kits and innards. I am in the camp of 'if it's not broken, don't fix it', but I know some insist on blue printing their springer to what they believe to the best.

I like my rammers and I currently have 2xhw90 and 5xTheobens. I rate the hw90's over the Theobens in overall handling. One hw90 is in .20 and the other in .25cal. Both shoots wonderfully and without fuss. Clean shooter and simple.

I also have 5xhw95's. Boy, each being very trying. Tried to set them up in different ways with various kits and they are still hold sensitive. I have now managed to get them all shooting about right but you are constantly reminded that you need to be on top form to eek out a string of one holers. The 95 will catch you out. At first, you may find the challenge of a 95 fun until it catches you out.

Agree with this,