Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .177

What .177 pcp would you go for for secondhand

That depends what you are going to do with it? Plinking? Hunting? Hft,benchrest or similar? It'll be down to personal preference too as everyone owns the best rifle

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Any they are all better than .22.
    Master Debater

Ignore this ^^^^ post, what are you wanting a rifle for is a good start, hunting, target if we know that we can help.

Air Arms S410
    Good all rounder.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Sorry bud, that's like asking what's the best car - you need to be a lot more specific with information to narrow it down to give you any kind of reasonable answer
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Need one just for hunting

Good Rapid, what ever else people say, this option is the best unless you want to spend stupid money.
    Will out perform its rivals on almost all levels. Triggers on some could do with being tickled, but superb shot count, very consistent and acc urate, robust, Anschutz barrel....etc
    VAYA CON DIOS

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Still a bit vague, mate.

What's your budget? Does your budget need to factor in a scope and charging gear?

depends what you are using it for and much you have to spend

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by David crocket View Post
    Without trying to be a smart ass, you seem to know very little about this subject given your replies - are you sure you should be considering hunting at this stage?? I can only go by your 2 posts here, but it seem like you should be doing some reading up and possibly visiting a club before going tout for live quarry, as without the right knowledge and attitude this can all go horribly wrong and give the whole community a bad name
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

There is a nice Kral np02 in 177 in the sales

Quote Originally Posted by David crocket View Post
    Give the HW100 a look - some folk say they're heavy but, there is a carbine version.

They're well made, accurate, 14 shot mag, anti double load feature, side lever - good rifles 👍

All of the above.

1. One that fits... half the battle
    2. Does the jobs you want and where it is compromised, that compromise is liveable
    3. Power source and shot count
    4. Single shot or mag system and how good is the mag system. Are additional mags an arm and a leg and easy to maintain.
    5. Budget does it include scope, rings, bipod, dive cylinder etc.
    6. Understand the common issues that a specific malke/model and Mk have.
    7. Will it be a keeper and worth investing in a tune in the future like a Ratworks.
    8. Will all your shooting peers point and laugh at the truly horrendous decision you make........
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Give the HW100 a look - some folk say they're heavy but, there is a carbine version.

They're well made, accurate, 14 shot mag, anti double load feature, side lever - good rifles 👍
    they are both nose heavy - though the carbine less so. They are overall very nose heavy a design and one I personally dislike in any rifle. The worst for this being the large bottle Airwolf which I sold. I still have the FAC Air Ranger which I use as a truck gun.

Selling the tank busting steel tube and using it offset the cost of an alloy is a worthwhile decision. Its a total game changer for the 100 series.

Overall, it is a very competent rifle with superb ergonomics and engineering still to be beaten to this day.

Unquestionablly, one of the best mags in terms of simplicity and just mentally robust. I have 9 a lot of which are very old. I can only recall one rubber band failing in the many many years I have had them.

No sticky out mag which has often proved to be a PITA re saddle clash or if using dedicated flat rail NV scopes and the best mag an single shot system still........

Side lever as opposed bolt action and a trigger sweet out of the box.

But they are nose heavy which will be a bit marmite unless you factor in a alloy swap out.

A good 100 is difficult to beat as a dedicated hunter and or HFT or bench rest rig.

Good accuracy as a rule and tough in the field.

The std mod it comes with is also a very reasonably priced unit and is bench mark to compare all others too. Decent long thread too so long as it is drilled sqiare lol.

I rate the 100 but no gun is perfect.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill