Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .177

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    1. One that fits... half the battle
    2. Does the jobs you want and where it is compromised, that compromise is liveable
    3. Power source and shot count
    4. Single shot or mag system and how good is the mag system. Are additional mags an arm and a leg and easy to maintain.
    5. Budget does it include scope, rings, bipod, dive cylinder etc.
    6. Understand the common issues that a specific malke/model and Mk have.
    7. Will it be a keeper and worth investing in a tune in the future like a Ratworks.
    8. Will all your shooting peers point and laugh at the truly horrendous decision you make........
    Good old common sense answer. Just remember to spend as little as you can to enjoy what you want to do. Spend more when you have decided it’s permanent.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Theoben Rapid
    Last edited by Scott.; 11-05-2021 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David crocket View Post
    What .177 pcp would you go for for secondhand
    My choice would be the S400 I've had loads of A/A s-series rifles, bought my first one in 2009 , bought and sold loads since, but, I still have the first S400 this rifle can pretty much do anything, have to be honest, it wouldn't be my first choice for ratting, unless there was a good backstop available, also not so good shooting ferals in sheds, prefer .22 for that stuff, but overall you won't go far wrong with the S400 in .177
    And if you're not happy with it, you'll probably flog it for what you paid for it. Hope that helps

The comment by Steyr is the best on here. You can only find one that fits you.
    As an example my wife and I both bought the same model of S400. We put the same type of scope on each. My wife got on really well with hers and kept it. I was rubbish with mine, sold it and bought a RM8 that really suits me and I am accurate with.
    Anyone who tells you about a good gun really means that it fits them and suits them. It may not suit you, so for you it would be a bad gun. There is no one gun that fits all, unless it has stock and trigger that are multi-adjustable and even then the weight could be wrong.
    Go to a shop and try what is there