Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taiyo Juki Deluxe

Taiyo Juki Deluxe

Hi,
    I recently acquired this Japanese CO2 12 shot repeater in .22" caliber:
    a Taiyo Yuki Deluxe.

Does anyone have more info on the gun? There is a Tom Gaylord article on it, but any extra knowledge (ie about its history, years of production etc) would be super interesting.
    I read: made in the seventies. Not sure. I know the mother company was the firearms manufacturer Miroku, and that is visible imo: it's made to the standards of a firearm. Also many parts are clearly hand made.

This Deluxe needed a reseal, thorough cleaning, and some cold blueing here and there. I decided to leave its patina; just a layer of CCL oil on the stock (which imo never changes the look and feel, but just gives it that extra sheen and protection). And some rust removal and cold blueing, I think I am repeating myself here lol.

It has some nice features. Fully adjustable power. With 15.4 gr Gamo Pro Match (JSB's are jamming):
    - Lowest power: 459 ft/s: 7.2 fpe
    - Medium: 528; 9.6
    - Highest: 555; 10.6

The trigger was really creepy but I solved that with my leather and glue tune

The safety can be put on auto or manual. That's the shiny knob at the rear.

Apparently the seating depth of the probe can be adjusted. Must work that one out.

It holds 2 x 12 gram CO2 capsules.

Must have the valve stem resealed by Lawrie. I have now placed a spare stem seal for my Taiyo Juki Bobcat, which Lawrie kindly made for me. But it is just a tiny tad too small (diameter wise). We can't go for suboptimal!

The scope is Miroku, to stay in the right spheres

Cheers, Louis

I do think it's "aesthetically challenged", this Deluxe
    The Taiyo Juki Bobcat above is so much more elegant imo.

Power wheel. Brilliant idea: the hammer hits the power wheel. Turn towards muzzle: hammer travels longer; power up.
    This is max power.

Lowest power: you can see the hammer and valve stem:

8 shots left:

Funky:
    Last edited by jirushi; 05-05-2021 at 05:33 PM.

that's a nice bit of kit and i think a good deal for a 400

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Interesting piece Louis, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

OK LOUIS - FESS UP

This morning there was definitely a Sheridan Mod A or B sitting between your Japanese CO2 blasters, what's happened to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    OK LOUIS - FESS UP

This morning there was definitely a Sheridan Mod A or B sitting between your Japanese CO2 blasters, what's happened to it?

Hahaha.

You got me there.

The explanation is quite banal tbh: I got a notification that I had put too many photos in my post lol.

So I decided that the A had to go. Poor A!

Here she is:

Phew I spoke to Lawrie and he said he hadn't seen it, thought I must have been hallucinating

Very nice A US pump rifle at it's very best, even if the calibre choice was strange for the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    OK LOUIS - FESS UP

I was wondering that too.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Here are some more photos

This Crosman 160 valve stem fits, but it's too short; on high power, the hammer can hardly reach it.

Original valve stem. The valve spring in this photo is from a QB78 and too short.

The typical marks of a previous owner trying to unscrew the cap whilst the gun is under pressure (Mark, it wasn't me, you've gotta believe me!)

Groovy baby (bloody ugly too )

Ze trigger tune

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

Another interesting piece Louis and nice photos too.

That's a very interesting multishot you've got there, plenty of firepower!

Thank you gents.

I find my Taiyo Juki Bobcat much prettier, but the Deluxe is interesting indeed.

The Deluxe probably has a bit too many features? I keep coming to the conclusion that CO2 gun wise, nothing beats my wee 187. Sense and simplicity. Very well designed by Rudy Merz - a genius imo. Perfect trigger. Fun and accurate. But the Deluxe will stay in the "Japanese museum" for sure

When was the Deluxe made? I like the design it reminds me of the Logun professional. You are getting good power after the reseal.

. I keep coming to the conclusion that CO2 gun wise, nothing beats my wee 187. Sense and simplicity. Very well designed by Rudy Merz - a genius imo.
    Save that I prefer the 160/7 just for looks, i agree. Those designs simply do all that needs to be done and do it well

I like the delux though, apart form the « interesting » decoration over the receiver. Though I guess that has vintage charm…
    Morally flawed

I keep looking at it and thinking it looks like it inspired the design of the Daystate Regal!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

@Jerry, I agree, the breech cover decoration is "interesting", my favourite word in your beautiful language.

@averageplinker and ratbuster:

Logun Professional - wow, yes indeed!

Daystate Regal - also yes!

There must be a Deluxe in the old Logun factory (was there a Logun factory, or was it FX that made these guns? I forgot).
    And in the Daystate factory

The Japanese were inspired by the Americans.
    The British are sometimes inspired by the Japanese?
    For instance, I think the probe system on the old BSA Ultra mmc's comes from the Sharp Innova.