Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theoben elan

Theoben elan

Hi guys I’ve been collecting rapids and I’ve got a few rapids and was wondering how many was made in each model, I’ve got a vanquish and a mk1 and mk2 elan, also is there any others I should look out for? Thanks in advance 😁

Theoben

Theoben EPR. Reports only 10 made. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Poncho View Post
    Hi guys I’ve been collecting rapids and I’ve got a few rapids and was wondering how many was made in each model, I’ve got a vanquish and a mk1 and mk2 elan, also is there any others I should look out for? Thanks in advance 😁
    There is this one! Only 6 made!
    https://walnut.black/THEOBEN-SLR-88-GP-HE-FT
    https://www.walnut.black

Sounds like you have a great collection already! When you say an Elan mk 2 are you referring to the one with a thumbhole stock and engraving on the action? They came with a with a number ie 1 of 50. I was told that no more than 12 were ever made. The highest number I have heard of is number 9 though. What Vanquish do you have ? The first small batch had a Gary Cane made laminate stock and are superb.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'd assumed elan mk2 meant the regulated version, released many years after the original unregged mk1 ceased production.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Elan

the theoben elan was just over 20 made with the original rapid block with the mag ears on the block and a 62 cc buddy bottle on with the dc silencer on most had the evolution cap on the end and a few had the vortex cap on and only in .22 caliber and where good for 50 full power shots in sub 12
    I had 3 of them

the elan with the engraving on block and fancy stock spotter or thumb hole if I remember rightly was the btas model with reg and in any Caliber and bigger air tube

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by RapidOwner View Post
    the theoben elan was just over 20 made with the original rapid block with the mag ears on the block and a 62 cc buddy bottle on with the dc silencer on most had the evolution cap on the end and a few had the vortex cap on and only in .22 caliber and where good for 50 full power shots in sub 12
    I had 3 of them

the elan with the engraving on block and fancy stock spotter or thumb hole if I remember rightly was the btas model with reg and in any Caliber and bigger air tube
    never knew it was that rare - I had one too, which I stupidly sold.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

lovely guns

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    There is this one! Only 6 made!
    https://walnut.black/THEOBEN-SLR-88-GP-HE-FT
    Some how I don’t think I will be finding 1 of these if only 6 was made, or if I do find 1 it will be good money

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    Sounds like you have a great collection already! When you say an Elan mk 2 are you referring to the one with a thumbhole stock and engraving on the action? They came with a with a number ie 1 of 50. I was told that no more than 12 were ever made. The highest number I have heard of is number 9 though. What Vanquish do you have ? The first small batch had a Gary Cane made laminate stock and are superb.
    I have the mk2 btas elan, I will have a look to see if there is any numbers on it, my vanquish has a walnut stock on it, it was featured in the gun mart mag years ago, can still see pics online, I will post some pics but I’m new to this site and just trying to work it out 😂, I have got 14 theoben s in total so far but having a little break as need to get more money together 😂

I had 3 of them

That’s interesting, I didn’t realise only 20ish was made, I’ve got 2 stocks with it too, a left and right but I’m right handed so the left will be sold, the mk2 btas I have hasn’t got the thumb hole stock on it, do you know how many btas was mate?

[IMG]Img0989[/IMG][IMG]0989[/IMG]

Some how I don’t think I will be finding 1 of these if only 6 was made, or if I do find 1 it will be good money
    Not sure why he is saying 6 made, I understand around 25 were made. Still seriously low numbers and not all of them have survived and I know of a number now in America. I have the same one Theoben SLR 88 FT

I have the mk2 btas elan, I will have a look to see if there is any numbers on it, my vanquish has a walnut stock on it, it was featured in the gun mart mag years ago, can still see pics online, I will post some pics but I’m new to this site and just trying to work it out 😂, I have got 14 theoben s in total so far but having a little break as need to get more money together 😂
    The BTAS Elan was not what I was referring to. A walnut stocked Vanquish was a later one, where the stock was made by Custom stocks I have read. It would be an easy phone call for you to confirm. Two fantastic rifles you have though!

I had 3 of them

Sorry the Theoben Elan with the thumbhole stock and engraving on the action has the tiny 62cc bottle (I think that is the size) integrated into the stock. I know this as I am lucky enough to own one😅