Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doncaster Airgun Range

Smile Doncaster Airgun Range

This won't be the first thread on the subject but I finally managed to make my first visit to Brian Samson's superb indoor range yesterday and what a great experience.

Which I knew it would.

This was also a brilliant post-lockdown treat, as for more than 18 months my only shooting opportunities have been down my short garden and down the hallway.

The lanes offer the opportunity of long range indoor shooting away from inclement weather conditions and especially useful for wind-free pellet testing / zeroing.

A friendly, laid-back yet efficient atmosphere exists and the range has a very sociable and inclusive feel, no doubt fuelled by Brian and Leanne's infectious enthusiasm. And being able to talk with a top shooter who is only too happy to dispense tips, advice and valuable information delivered in a straight and helpful manner is a huge bonus.

A wide range of targets is available and the shop also stocks a selection of quality pellets, scopes, pellet pouches, beanie hats, caps etc.. And, in these Covid times, you even get free "waitress-style" hot drinks service-with-a-smile by Leanne.

For those in the know, you'll already realise what a top facility it is. For anyone else, have a read of the excellent website to glean more information and make that visit. I promise you'll be in for a great time.

Bri and Leanne, thank you for a memorable and most enjoyable first visit. I will be back, for sure.
    Last edited by TonyL; 07-05-2021 at 05:01 AM. Reason: First "service"? - visit!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    bit far for me, but knowing that Brian's running the show, I'd expect it to be quality and slick...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Tony

Thanks for the information not far from me so worth a trip, I have been looking for somewhere to zero the airguns and this sound like it fits the bill.

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    This won't be the first thread on the subject but I finally managed to make my first visit to Brian Samson's superb indoor range yesterday and what a great experience.

Which I knew it would.

This was also a brilliant post-lockdown treat, as for more than 18 months my only shooting opportunities have been down my short garden and down the hallway.

The lanes offer the opportunity of long range indoor shooting away from inclement weather conditions and especially useful for wind-free pellet testing / zeroing.

A friendly, laid-back yet efficient atmosphere exists and the range has a very sociable and inclusive feel, no doubt fuelled by Brian and Leanne's infectious enthusiasm. And being able to talk with a top shooter who is only too happy to dispense tips, advice and valuable information delivered in a straight and helpful manner is a huge bonus.

A wide range of targets is available and the shop also stocks a selection of quality pellets, scopes, pellet pouches, beanie hats, caps etc.. And, in these Covid times, you even get free "waitress-style" hot drinks service-with-a-smile by Leanne.

For those in the know, you'll already realise what a top facility it is. For anyone else, have a read of the excellent website to glean more information and make that visit. I promise you'll be in for a great time.

Bri and Leanne, thank you for a memorable and most enjoyable first service. I will be back, for sure.
    Just booked in

Been looking to get up with a couple of lads from the greyhound gun club for a days shooting and picking of the gaffers HFT brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    Tony

Thanks for the information not far from me so worth a trip, I have been looking for somewhere to zero the airguns and this sound like it fits the bill.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    Just booked in
    Nice one; I know you'll enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    bit far for me, but knowing that Brian's running the show, I'd expect it to be quality and slick...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro7dave View Post
    Been looking to get up with a couple of lads from the greyhound gun club for a days shooting and picking of the gaffers HFT brain.
    Absolutely, JB.

And the way Bri' openly dispenses valuable and honest advice is simply priceless. More than worth making the visit from afar, peeps.

Which I knew it would.

Bri and Leanne, thank you for a memorable and most enjoyable first service. I will be back, for sure.
    Great to see you up there Tony, and thanks for the kind review.
    We're really glad to finally be out of lockdown now and although we're still under restrictions, there's at least some light at the end of the tunnel - phew!

Hope to see you up there again soon mate, next time have a go at the 35 yard springer challenge and see if you can win a coveted 'I Beat Bri' badge

Oky dokes. I'll have a go but doubt I'll be winning any challenges.

And it really helps if you can see clearly when you're trying to hit things, doesn't it?. A couple of days before visiting I replaced the ageing breech seal on my '95 and checked the stock & scope fastenings. And thought that was it. Whilst shooting, the target / reticle picture didn't seem as sharp as I remembered. But I know my eyesight has deteriorated a little over the last few months. Groupings were okay but not brilliant. With about 45 minutes to go out of my session I thought I'd have a check of the fast focus....it was loose and had wound itself out.. Properly adjusted, sharp image restored and group sizes shrunk to a much more pleasing size. Just shows, you should never take ANYTHING for granted. This was the first time that this has ever happened to me in all my years of shooting. It's a setting that I've previously always set and left alone. Lesson learned and that's another thing to check.

Thank you again for a great first visit; I will be back. And wish you every success and continued growth for the future.

I can recommend this range to anybody having been there this morning, great set up and everything you need is there plus a Brian !

I will warn you though that time does fly there as well as pellets, 3 hours gone in what felt like 10 minutes great fun and great place, try it, I know I will be going back !

Results - SLR 98 - fantastic results
    HW 100KT - fantastic results
    Daystate revere - unbelievably brilliant results

Ratctacher - ah yeah I need to change the scope set up by putting a shim or two in the front mount ..or perhaps a brick
    Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 07-05-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Do you pay by hour. Atb mick

£12.50 for 3 hours last time I asked

Yes it’s a brilliant (weather doesn’t matter)set up and the owners are very friendly, been a few times as live quite close to it , £12.50 for 3 hours with free air top ups and cafe selling teas/ coffees etc , think you have to book slots at the moment due to COVID-19.

Great to hear that you had such an enjoyable time, Luciano, although not surprised one bit. And you're right, those three hours fly by when you're having such a great time.

Great to hear that you had such an enjoyable time, Luciano, although not surprised one bit. And you're right, those three hours fly by when you're having such a great time.
    Thanks to you Tony for flagging this place up, wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

Luciano