• AA S510

16 43.24%
  • Another

1 2.70%

Thread: Daystate Regal or AA S510

Errol Guest

Daystate Regal or AA S510

Hi guys, trying to get alternative opinions for a friend
    Which would you chose. Daystate is 5 years old. AA 6 months old.
    AA is £50 more

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    I voted Air Arms as they will sell you the parts to fix it if goes wrong, Daystate wont!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

I've recently bought two left handed bolts, two activators, a seal kit and a mod adapter directly from Daystate. Very easy to deal with, pay by Paypal and the stuff is on its way.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Regals are one of the nicest, lightest, and best looking guns around today, add that they are typically tack drivers and there is a lot to like about them, I've had both and just think the Regals feel better quality, although they both perform well, but the Regal gets 70+ good shots and the s510 get about 60, so not much in it that way either.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    I've recently bought two left handed bolts, two activators, a seal kit and a mod adapter directly from Daystate. Very easy to deal with, pay by Paypal and the stuff is on its way.
    Try ordering the parts to convert a Regal to a HR Regal !

Cheers.

Roy.
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

a a for me im not keen on daystates service charges or trying to get parts for them

I’ve seen polar opposite reviews re: Daystate service, but that’s mostly servicing and the electronics.

The Regal is all mechanical I believe, so I’d prefer the Huma Reg model if possible.

I’ve a 510 and really can’t fault it. Cocking way smoother that the 400 but not as smooth as an Airwolf.

Not had to strip my 510 but assume the same as the 400, so a couple of AT hurdles to sort, but that’s a 5minute job.

They’re probably both as accurate as each other.
    BSA Meteor .22 - the mans calibre

Had both and if I were to buy one of them again, it would be the regal
    B.A.S.C. member

It breaks my heart to say this but Air Arms all the way. Daystate are not the same as they where in the past, producing "eye candy" these days but the Air Arms have maintained good customer focused no nonsense guns. My mate has 3 AA S510 and they are all superb.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    I voted Air Arms as they will sell you the parts to fix it if goes wrong, Daystate wont!

Cheers.

Roy.
    I take it that you were on the beer when you typed your reply DS Regals will be in the line up with DS doe years to come. I seriously struggle as to why you made your comments.

Do you own a Regal/Huntsman and have you asked Daystate for parts?. Or are you just jumping on the band wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Try ordering the parts to convert a Regal to a HR Regal !

Cheers.

Roy.
    Why would you want to Daystate do not offer to sell upgrade parts and why should they do HW or AA offers to sell upgrade parts no they do not.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    I take it that you were on the beer when you typed your reply DS Regals will be in the line up with DS doe years to come. I seriously struggle as to why you made your comments.

Do you own a Regal/Huntsman and have you asked Daystate for parts?. Or are you just jumping on the band wagon.
    Yes plankboy, I own a Regal.

Wanted to convert it to a HR Regal, BECAUSE I want to/could do/and now HAVE done.

Bought the parts required from HW100 tuning, as Daystate customer service is shite!

Wind your neck in.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    Why would you want to Daystate do not offer to sell upgrade parts and why should they do HW or AA offers to sell upgrade parts no they do not.
    See post 12!

I also own a HW100, going to a Huma reg in that as well!....that ok with you????????????