Thread: Webley Tempest/ Hurricane messing about

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    The chrono is "dead" . Ive been advised not to get the same on as the flux used had corroded the sensors. I may get one of those really cheap Chinese ones, just to see, but Im really happy with the Hurricane.
    I should have gone by "feel" instead of putting all those shots through the chronograph.

Interestingly I tried the Tempest , both with the spring out of the Hurricane and one a couple of coils shorter, and there was more recoil. I think this is down to the piston washer being a little too tight. Things were not much different with a 10 gram weight, so it is another stripdown and "ease " the washer or maybe make a new one.

At the end of it, it is down to "feel" and what suits me might not suit someone else. However , hopefully, this might help someone else get a start with tinkering
    I dont feel like getting another piston done but trying to leave the normal washer and boss intact.

UPDATE--I've just stripped the Tempest and "eased" the washer. It feels better now. I also tried it with 2 "power washers" in as the spring is a couple of coils shorter than the long one, (which I'll see if I can get one) . AND the accuracy is there
    Last edited by ggggr; 07-05-2021 at 05:22 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"