Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard rifle case

14 35.00%
  • Padded rifle bag

26 65.00%

Thread: Hard case or Padded bag

Hard case or Padded bag

So whats your preference, a hard case or padded bag to transport a rifle.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Depends where I am going.
    Master Debater

Hard Case gives best protection but I find them a bit big and cumbersome, and they do take up a lot of space on the bench down at the Club.
    I much prefer a well-padded, hard wearing bag instead as they are easier to handle in my opinion.

Padded case . I dont drive . My wife drops me off at my permission.

I carry my rifle in its case going between the fields . ( I have to cross a few roads ) plus if I am waiting at the side of the road for her to turn up.

I can roll the bag up and put it in my rucksack. .

With a hard case I would have to leave it either in the car or some where on my permission.

Anyone can walk on my permission due to the right to roam up here.

I prefer a hard case, but they do take up space & I've never found one that will fit the Rapid with a 23" barrel & big side-wheel scope.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I prefer a hard case, but they do take up space & I've never found one that will fit the Rapid with a 23" barrel & big side-wheel scope.
    You should try the one my Huntsman came in. It won't fit in the back seat of the car (Volvo estate) by a large margin, and won't go in the boot either without folding the rear seat down! Bloody huge!

For me it really depends on what is going in it. If it's a £1500+ rifle it's going in a hard case.
    If it's a Springer it goes in a well padded case.

Springers are a lot stronger than PCP's so they can handle being in a soft case, where I prefer the
    BSA R10's in a hard case with those floating barrels, and the really thin barrel on my AA S400.

Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Both.

Bag for me as I find boxes too big, ungainly and generally to cumbersome to transport even in a Range Rover.. I am however very fussy when it comes to bags as a large amount of them are next to useless in the protection stakes

I only use Aim drag bags for me rifles, available in a few different sizes and the quality /protection they offer and longevity is second to none

I do however store my Air rifles in hard cases as there is no room and generally not enough space in my gun cabinets

Bag for me hard cases are to big and bulky to store and I don’t have anything to expensive. If I had a rifle over £1000 it would be a hardcase or metal box on wheels to save any damage

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I like a big bag with full length zip, when I find a nice spot I open it up and lie on it.

i only use my hard case if im storing a gun in the loft,for shooting outside i use my bag

Padded bag for me. I have two (double rifle) hard cases which currently only get used for storage. I can't anticipate a time when I might need them for transportation currently, but you never know......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

A good strong fleece lined bag with at least one good size pocket for me.