Thread: .177

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What .177 pcp would you go for for secondhand

That depends what you are going to do with it? Plinking? Hunting? Hft,benchrest or similar? It'll be down to personal preference too as everyone owns the best rifle

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Any they are all better than .22.
    Master Debater

Ignore this ^^^^ post, what are you wanting a rifle for is a good start, hunting, target if we know that we can help.

Air Arms S410
    Good all rounder.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Sorry bud, that's like asking what's the best car - you need to be a lot more specific with information to narrow it down to give you any kind of reasonable answer
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by David crocket View Post
    What .177 pcp would you go for for secondhand
    My choice would be the S400 I've had loads of A/A s-series rifles, bought my first one in 2009 , bought and sold loads since, but, I still have the first S400 this rifle can pretty much do anything, have to be honest, it wouldn't be my first choice for ratting, unless there was a good backstop available, also not so good shooting ferals in sheds, prefer .22 for that stuff, but overall you won't go far wrong with the S400 in .177
    And if you're not happy with it, you'll probably flog it for what you paid for it. Hope that helps

The comment by Steyr is the best on here. You can only find one that fits you.
    As an example my wife and I both bought the same model of S400. We put the same type of scope on each. My wife got on really well with hers and kept it. I was rubbish with mine, sold it and bought a RM8 that really suits me and I am accurate with.
    Anyone who tells you about a good gun really means that it fits them and suits them. It may not suit you, so for you it would be a bad gun. There is no one gun that fits all, unless it has stock and trigger that are multi-adjustable and even then the weight could be wrong.
    Go to a shop and try what is there