Thread: FAC sound mod question

FAC sound mod question

Hi guys, just a quick question about sound mods on FAC air rifles.
    Ive just put in for a variation on my Firearms Certificate for a FAC air rifle and sound moderator.
    My question is if i can use the sound mod which is currently on my sub 12ft lb air rifle or will i have to buy one that is FAC rated ?
    cheers.

Your FAC mod slot is permission to acquire and use according to the conditions on the cert. You can do as you suggest and declare the mod you already possess for addition to your cert. It would have to be sold on from you as an 'on ticket' mod. One issue with doing this is that you are generally not supposed to write anything other than your own signature on your cert, although I have read on forums of holders doing this under your circumstances. You'd be best asking your FEO how they would want you to go about doing this.

This also assumes that the mod is the right calibre for your FAC rated air rifle.

I would ask the manufacturer of your current mod to confirm if it is FAC capable making sure calibre is OK.

A lot of non FAC mods do not have a serial number or even a make. A few FAC capable ones dont either such as the SAK.

If it is capable then fine. If it has no make or serial then you can only declare it as such.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

More than likely the rifle you get will have a mod with it.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.