Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Czs200

Czs200

Been looking at the CZ S200 which looks a very nice compact air rifle with multi shot option if needed. Accuracy seems to be top notch. As for price i cant seem to see any on the secondhand market as of late only new so i cant see what the go for second hand, it seems this gun has been around for some time, not sure how far back, what do they average second hand?. I also noticed that some parts are plastic like the trigger and barrel cylinder support etc, do they do custom parts that can replace plastic. And finally i would like to silence it what options do i have for this. Any other pro and cons on this nice looking bit of kit

I assume you are referring to the equivalent of the AA s200. They have very highly regarded barrels and the AA silencer is/was pretty good in my experience. I also like the AA 10 shot magazine system once it is set up right. The magazines are simple and easy to load. The down sides are the fact that there is no pressure gauge on the standard air cylinders and no safety catch. I think that the mk1 and mk2 had plastic bolt handles and they both have the two piece stocks, so don't have particularly good looks, but I think that is worth overlooking. Fairly low shot count - I think it is around 30 to 40 shots per fill from memory.
    Should be better for spares and custom parts than many modern "budget" PCPs

I bought my mk3 as soon as they came on the market new as I prefer the look of the one piece stock and bought the moderator with it then fitted the
    AA multi shot kit, it has been faultless and I love shooting it, reminds me of a biathlon type rifle, prices new have gone up dramatically and I assume the same for a good used example so its been a good investment imo.
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Cz have stopped making them now sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    I assume you are referring to the equivalent of the AA s200. They have very highly regarded barrels and the AA silencer is/was pretty good in my experience. I also like the AA 10 shot magazine system once it is set up right. The magazines are simple and easy to load. The down sides are the fact that there is no pressure gauge on the standard air cylinders and no safety catch. I think that the mk1 and mk2 had plastic bolt handles and they both have the two piece stocks, so don't have particularly good looks, but I think that is worth overlooking. Fairly low shot count - I think it is around 30 to 40 shots per fill from memory.
    Should be better for spares and custom parts than many modern "budget" PCPs

The mk1 had a silver grey anodised aluminium bolt handle, the mk2 has a grey bendy plastic bolt handle, my mk1 is now 20 + years old, still shoots like a lazer, the mk1 s seem to have better triggers also.

I bought a standard mk3 2 years ago and sent it to Ratworks tuning for Tench reg and quickfill with gauge etc, then I added a few quality mods myself including Rowan trigger blade, floated and shortened the barrel, custom Ratworks bolt handle, custom silencer and the list goes on
    It will do 90 shots per fill at 11.5ft/lb with sub 5 fps spread using it's favourite JSB Exact RS and easily put them under a 5p at 40 meters

lovely guns they are

I forgot they were called the AA S200, most probably why i didn't see many on the second hand market when i was searching CZ S200. I must admit they are a nice small handy little rifle with the same punch as any other larger air rifle and accuracy hard to beat. Bit like he Falcon Fn19 light hunter i got light and handy but a bit limited on shots.

I’ve got a AA mk3 S200. Superb rifle. Got it tuned at Rat Works and it’s
    the only rifle I will ever need.
    Air Arms S200 Rat Works Tuned with Hawke Airmax 6 - 24 x 50 Scope

Ive got a Mk 1 and while its a good rifle, with a mediocre trigger, I find the AA S400 does everything as good if not better and is a better value for money rifle.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    My work gun is an FX Dreamline, the business paid so the price really doesn't matter, but for benchrest, I still use a MK1 S200.

CZ made a great little rifle and the barrel can perform like teutonic mega rifles. Very under rated. Hobbled by a shite shot count... generally you were pushing it to get 45 out. The triggers were also generally crap.

I loved mine. Worth getting one tuned and a Ratworks done plus some after market swapouts are worth the time.

The stock is generally too small for the average adult so a decent stock helps if you want to go the extra mile.

I hated the mod.. well the shitty grub screw fix you find on AA rifles but at least the safety isnt in the trigger like the 400. Truly rubbish idea.

Cz make good honest kit. The end of the 200 production isca sad day.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

So what is the going second hand rate for these little gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post

The stock is generally too small for the average adult so a decent stock helps if you want to go the extra mile.
    Cz make good honest kit. The end of the 200 production isca sad day.
    The stock fits me fine - but then Im petite. [ Yes, I am friends with Snow White! ] Is it only the target version that came with adjustable stock with the aid of plastic spacers?

Tis true. The loss of the S200, even though it is no longer the bargain it was when introduced, is a sad day.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

cz200

cz made, quite a few versions, one with a mk3 type stock but in red black laminate, one with a green mk3 type stock with adjustable butt and cheekpiece, and uit rail on forend, a hunter version which did have an adult sized sporter stock, the hunter and green version i think also had longer cylinders capable of a higher shot count, then there was a camo synthetic stock, AA did bring that version to the uk, no they arent perfect guns, but will outlast many out there out there and are simple to service, i gather AA have 15 years worth of spares!