Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airgun silencers

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I've made loads of airgun silencers over the years, and as a rule a big one beats a small one. If you can make a reflex type design even better, you provide a nice long path for the air without extending the rifle too much. Here's one I made for my phoenix mk2 a decade ago. It's still on there, and ridiculously quiet.

[QUOTE=Solvo;8028962]I did a not too scientific test a few years ago with 3 rifles and my small assortment of moderators; I found that while overall the HW was best they all performed differently on each rifle.

THIS IS THE CIGAR ANSWER
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhill View Post
    I tend to agree that Weihrauch moderators take some beating but it's nice to try something a bit different occasionally.
    I'm pleased with the Donnyfl "Tatsu" I put on my FX T12. Ticks a few boxes. Nice and light, quietens things down a lot and looks the part.

At £130 I will definitely stick to my Hugget Atom.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    This is still my favorite for compactness

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    Me too. For anyone wanting to DIY one themselves, there are some very useful aluminium tubes in old laser printer toner cartridges.
    I have made a few, just for fun, and used the metal and/or plastic tubes that are used for solar powered garden lights as the main tube. Hair curlers as dampening and turned the end plugs out of delrin, threaded as required.
    Godd fun, not too long to do and pretty effective. Maybe not as good as the best out there but almost free to me. (curlers were second hand ...)
    Cheers, Phil

I have tried & found just like pellets different rifle can prefer certain sound mods. In general they are all the same but it's about air flow & different ones can make a difference sometimes.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawler View Post
    I have tried & found just like pellets different rifle can prefer certain sound mods. In general they are all the same but it's about air flow & different ones can make a difference sometimes.
    Your videos were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawler View Post
    I would agree with this but the HW one tends to work well with anything. The taper looks odd on shrouded barrels though.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    At £130 I will definitely stick to my Hugget Atom.
    There are always choices in life. Personally I'm no fan of Hugget.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhill View Post
    There are always choices in life. Personally I'm no fan of Hugget.
    Any particular reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Any particular reason?
    I had a Hugget on an old DS Wolverine FAC. It looked pretty but it didn't do what it was supposed to do. It was loud !