Thread: Any Old Millride members recognise this AA S400 (GML)?

Any Old Millride members recognise this AA S400 (GML)?

I purchased this at Millride from the late Gary Radford. I don't think it was his but possibly someone called Dave?
    Older gentleman who was there virtually every week, possibly even took the money? Memory fading it was
    10 years ago now.

I have searched and have found old threads where sadly Lee from GML was moving onto Motorbikes over shooting.
    I think he could have answered my question.

Purchased the gun and told it was leaking air a little and Gary supplied a new valve for it, sadly my MIL passed away
    around the same time and it sat there for a while. When I finally got around to fitting the valve it was the wrong
    one. No port to screw in the pressure gauge.

I left it like that for a while and stopped shooting, took it out of the cupboard all dusty and it was still holding air
    so i must have fitted it properly.

Should I replace the valve for the correct one or just use the bottle (which I need to purchase) to check the pressure
    and count the shots?

Curious if they modified the valve assembly, tips of making it more consistant? Or should I leave it alone as its obviously
    sealing well.

Thanks.

Picture if it works?

http://plinker.50webs.org/AAS400/AAS400%20Query.jpg

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    just leave it alone and shoot it. Plenty of PCPs don't have guages, and it's less of an issue for a target type gun where you will tend to fill it, and shoot x shots, then refill. Unlike a hunting gun where you may only shoot a handful at a time, and you will loose count over the weeks / months.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Mick Tromans (the M bit of GML) still regularly shoots at Millride. He’s a great, helpful bloke and he’d be the best person to ask about what was done to the rifle.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

I don't reconise the rifle, but I new Gary Radford and maybe in the days the guy you got the rifle from was Dave Mills
    I think he organized the shoot there.

hope this helps.
    Rifles: HW 97 .177 SFS tuned; HW 95 .177 in a 98 stock,Rat Works tuned; HW 35 limited edition, .177

Dave Pitt also comes up, but struggling to find pictures. Found a post on shooting-the-breeze from who I think was Gary's brother (Dave) thanking
    Dave Pitt from Millride.

Cannot find my login information for

If it's holding air for the best part of 10 years then I think you maybe right that its probably best left alone.

Thanks.

PS. If anyone's got any info then that would be great.

Thanks.