Thread: Lgu 22 piston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lgu 22 piston

Hi has any one converted one of these to 22 mm piston and will it make 11 flb with the 88 mm stroke ?

I'm not sure if anyone has done this particular conversion to the LGU. If anyone has, to my knowledge, the most likely candidate would be NickG. Hopefully Nick and Shed Tuner will be along to further advise. And, yes from everything I've seen relating to the reduced bore rifles, that stroke length should be sufficient.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Plenty of 22mm lgu s around .

If you're converting , you're not tied to 88mm stroke

I have done them to 22 and 21 mm, they will both make power at the standard stroke, if & that's a big "IF" the barrel lead in / breech area has been attended to , but as Phil rightly says you don't have to stick to the standard stroke.

OK thanks I am having trouble getting it to more than 10 flb with jsb 8.44 witch is fine and shoots nice with a tx mk3 spring witch I through may be down to stroke length as tx is 98mm, I've read in some old threads about this breach lead in is that a great help. It's 177 and skirtless piston, are yours full pistons Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Alan's View Post
    OK thanks I am having trouble getting it to more than 10 flb with jsb 8.44 witch is fine and shoots nice with a tx mk3 spring witch I through may be down to stroke length as tx is 98mm, I've read in some old threads about this breach lead in is that a great help. It's 177 and skirtless piston, are yours full pistons Nick
    Yes the 22 mm ones I did were full pistons. Check your pellet lead in . Can make a full fpe ( depending on the tune) when done properly, also try other pellet brands .