Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primers?

I think this is just the start, Americans are hoovering up stocks of everything at present.
    Just look around, no stock is becoming a way of life regarding reloading components in the U.K.
    It will get worse before it gets better.

I think it will take another year. There is a huge pent up demand which has not been met. As soon as things become available, they will be bought. People will also buy more to have a stock of components so powder, primers and jacketed bullets will be in short supply.

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

HK Primers

Anyone tried any of the HK primers. Specially made for HK. Somewhat cheaper than any of the other makes currently available.

Al
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

Quote Originally Posted by WOLVES View Post
    ...the worst I've used were Magtec lots of duffers, and the one lot the cups were so thick you had to hit a few times before they'd go off and tight to prime the cases, but having said it might have just been a bad lot I've used a lot of them in the past with no problems, ...
    This is strange, perhaps as you say a bad batch.
    I've loaded loads, many thousands, of 223 with them and never had an issue with light strikes or fail to fire, even won several NRA CSR matches with them. I have loaded a couple hundred 44mag also with no problems but here the sample is much smaller.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post
    Anyone tried any of the HK primers. Specially made for HK. Somewhat cheaper than any of the other makes currently available.

Al
    The large pistol ones are made in Bosnia and Herzegovina and seem to be OK, I've only tried 100 so far but no issues just yet. I had the small pistol and both rifle sizes but gave them to a club member to try. Some were made in B+H and some in another eastern european country.
    It is advised to use Large Rifle primers in a machine primer rather than with a hand primer, not sure why but reports of hard insertion have circulated.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

Primers

Just for interest I tried my Murom KVB 223 competition primers yesterday, 30 rounds fired, no problems at all.

I'm glad about that as I purchased 1000 of them!
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U