Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FX AirGuns

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm

FX AirGuns

What are the learned members views on these? I've never had one.

There are plenty of vids about, but its mostly on channels that have never reviewed a bad gun...

Build quality
    Accuracy

etc

Do I need one?
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

I had a fx verminator, for what I needed it was perfect- the best I could think of. It was purely for ratting. It developed several leaks, and in the end I’d just had enough. Hw100 is a much better built gun
    A Wise Man Can Act A Fool, A Fool Can Not Act Wise

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post
    I had a fx verminator, for what I needed it was perfect- the best I could think of. It was purely for ratting. It developed several leaks, and in the end I’d just had enough. Hw100 is a much better built gun
    Actually, I was going to use the HW100 as the benchmark

Having said that, I've just taken in a HW110 in for a bit of leak issue and I'm actually shocked at the standard of shit metal in it. It looks like its been produced to a budget, rather than a standard.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Have been using FX guns for FT for several years (older cyclone and typhoon with walther barrels and a typhoon and Verminator with the original smooth twist barrels) if we do our job, they'll hit the targets no problems.
    Vermy isn't taken apart to fit in its case and is treated more like a rifle than a 'take-down', and has had no leaks - the only leaks have been from the cyclones reg and pressure gauge, and the fill valve on the newest typhoon - all of them are 5+ years old, with the older typhoon being probably over 10, as it's a very low serial no, the vermy and newest typhoon are about 6 years old, with the cyclone something in the middle.

Which one. FX have a plethora of equipment with mk 1, 2 and 3 etc.

Genrrally I would say they are very good.

The FX Impact MK1 got rushed to market and a lot of the bugs were not ironed out. The Mk2 addressed this.

Remember, there is no such thing as the perfect rifle.

As far as I am concerned, the impact is now mostly a sorted rifle especially in FAC with switch barrel and adjustable power and the comprehensive

Basically, its down to how you get on with it.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Vermy 2 in 177 - the instant I tried it in the dealers I had to have one. I think they are pretty well made, but some of the components are perhaps less robust than you would get with some other makes. I did manage to damage the firing valve by firing the rifle with no air cylinder attached, Mick the Logunator fixed it for me and did a superb job.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Anyone had any experience with the new M3?
    I have an fac slot.

i had the fx mk1 night mare with trouble with seals and mags ,i have the impacy compact mk2 cannot fault the gun in any way its mint

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Both mine have had to be repaired.

Dave
    Last edited by Unframed Dave; 06-08-2021 at 06:49 AM.
    Smell my cheese

I've got a Bobcat MK2 in .22. Smoothtwist barrel. Groups pellets just fine, just different brands group different places. The Bobcat is a 'man's gun'. It's no lightweight, bit like me. Build quality is good as well. Worth having a look at.

Ive owned three fx’s

Mk1 WC which was very accurate but suffered regulator issues and the replacement reg started to play up after a few months.

Crown that had been modified and set up, that was a very nice gun but I sold it after a few months

Mk3 WC which was very troublesome, out the box it was like a shotgun so the liner was replaced, this helped accuracy, but the zero or poi would keep changing every time I pick the gun up, even after laying it down on grass the poi would move, it was the flimsy liner/barrel system flexing Im sure, it also suffered regulator creep which effected the first two shots after leaving it a while so for hunting it was useless, it was returned for a replacement which got sold immediately as Id had enough.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Fragile and overrated.

Dave.

After trying the Spectre, I then got rid of my AA410 & got a Cutlass. It has been my main around rifle for around 16 years. Only had a couple of dowry seals go in that time & got an air tube changed for a longer tube when ASI serviced it for the first time in 15 years.
    Separately around 14 years ago I had a problem with magazine indexing. Phoned FX direct in Sweden & spoke to Frederick Axelson(owner/designer of FX). Pop it in the post & it was back within 2 weeks at no cost.
    Now it looks like a minefield of what to choose.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I do not have an FX in my collection, nor do I have any inclination to have another one. It's not that I think they are bad, but I had two MK2 Impacts and both were crap, I then had a MK2 crown smooth twist X, and although it was "ok", it was replaced with a better quality, better looking and nicer to shoot Daystate Red Wolf, which was far more accurate. So considering I've had three £1600 guns from them I can't say I'm impressed - others may feel differently, I guess it's just down to your experience, but none of mine has been that positive
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

the mk2 is a much better gun then the mk1 i love the 28 shot mag in 22