Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW80K Tuning advice

HW80K Tuning advice

Hi all, Very new here but was hoping for some advice on tuning my hw80k. I have been searching for V Glide kits from Steve pope but have had no luck. My father use to have a HW80 when i was younger that was venom tuned (lazaglide) and im now looking the same upgrade for my own.

If anyone knows of any it would be greatly appreciated.

Sadly Steve Pope passed away a few months back.
    Not sure you can get a lazerglide as a kit, your best bet may be to contact Lyn Lewington at ARC tuning as I believe he is doing what we’re the V Mach kits.
    Regards,
    Dave.

As above. And welcome to the forum.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi and welcome to the forum, if you are thinking of doing the tune yourself, I would strongly recommend investing in a chrono, it doesn't take much to make the mighty HW80 into a firearm and even if you set it at legal limits, it's still a good idea to check the fpe every couple of weeks until the gun is settled, atb Daz

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum, if you are thinking of doing the tune yourself, I would strongly recommend investing in a chrono, it doesn't take much to make the mighty HW80 into a firearm and even if you set it at legal limits, it's still a good idea to check the fpe every couple of weeks until the gun is settled, atb Daz
    It's already a firearm

Short stroking is an option too.

There is people that do the bearings on the piston similar to V-Mach.
    Last edited by bighit; 12-05-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy1812 View Post
    Hi all, Very new here but was hoping for some advice on tuning my hw80k. I have been searching for V Glide kits from Steve pope but have had no luck. My father use to have a HW80 when i was younger that was venom tuned (lazaglide) and im now looking the same upgrade for my own.

Am I correct in saying that you have to have your air rifles on ticket in N Ireland? If so, I guess no need to worry about 12ft/lbs? There are still a few who could glide the piston for you and produce custom guides. You'd need a transfer RFD to RFD though if you were sending the whole rifle, I'd guess.

Welcome to the BBS. As mentioned above Vglided kits are no longer available but as Tony L mentioned Lyn can still provide a spring, guide, piston seal and top hat whilst other companies can provide a glided piston. What set the V-mach pistons apart from others was the fact they were hand made and not a reworked HW factory piston machined into a glided piston by adding the delrin rings or studs. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 12-05-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy1812 View Post

Welsh willy produces drop in kits which will transform your hw80 i had one in mine. 18 ftlb is very nice for .22 and upto 22 ft lb for .25.
    mk2 rapid.22

Piston liner

Would you leave the steel piston liner in when fitting a drop in kit ? Or would it be removed as it could make more noise and vibration on firing ?

Quote Originally Posted by pot75y View Post
    Would you leave the steel piston liner in when fitting a drop in kit ? Or would it be removed as it could make more noise and vibration on firing ?
    The steel piston liner is needed on the older 80/85/95/98 to support the cocking shoe. If you want to remove the liner you should replace the cocking shoe with one of the more recent that rides on the tube.
    Too many airguns!

I'm not on Facebook so tried contacting Lyn Lewington about a tuning kit etc on here and via email with no response unfortunately

Lyn Lewington
    07974 230 549
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    I'm not on Facebook so tried contacting Lyn Lewington about a tuning kit etc on here and via email with no response unfortunately
    I messaged him a few times emailed as well but no reply over a month ago.
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    The steel piston liner is needed on the older 80/85/95/98 to support the cocking shoe. If you want to remove the liner you should replace the cocking shoe with one of the more recent that rides on the tube.
    yeah, it's a good upgrade, especially on a full power 80
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    I messaged him a few times emailed as well but no reply over a month ago.
    I do hope he's okay.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!