Thread: Titan spring in hw97

Titan spring in hw97

Is good idea put a titan xs no1 in a hw97?

What is the actual other options ?

Titan Spring

They will need cutting down if you fit one of these. Ask venoman on here as he has some vmach springs which are a better option in my opinion. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by playu72 View Post
    Is good idea put a titan xs no1 in a hw97?

What is the actual other options ?
    A Titan N01 will need cutting down and will probably not fit the standard Hw spring guide

A Welsh willie kit has a Titan spring and guides made to suit

Or buy micrometer measure your spring guide and buy a spring to suit, most titan springs need cutting down though.
    Hw77+7

Good advice above.

Personally, my favourite option would be the V-Mach Spring (and, if you can't make your own guides, preferably as a kit to include fitted guide and top hat). Many people have also had excellent results in recent times using a TX200 Mark III spring; again with fitted guide / top hat.

The standard springs tend to be good also, though. So, if there's nothing wrong with the original spring, a "basic home tune" should work nicely. If the standard guide is a good fit (some are), it'll just want a top hat and a little bit of love. If the guide is a loose fit, go for guide and top hat. If you can't make your own, try a "standard" TbT kit.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks.

I think that welsh willy kit is the way for me. Anyone has one installed? opinions please and sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by playu72; 12-05-2021 at 04:18 PM.

I have a Welsh Willy kit installed in one of my rifles (not a 97) and very good it is, too. I could only imagine that it would prove a successful fitment.
    Not sure if he exports, though, so worth checking.
    Monsieur Tinbum certainly does export.
    Both of these fine gents are great to deal wth offering excellent kit backed up with super, quick personal service.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

+1 for a Welsh Willy kit. Very easy to do and straightforward. Superb quality. My .22 97 ended up having a consistency of +/- 9 fps at 11.2ft lbs. Can't get much better than that really.

If you've never stripped a 97 before I recommend watching a few you tube vids. I made myself a crib sheet of what to do when and what to expect. Made things a lot easier.

Just took my time and double checked each stage.

Tools you will need:

1. Punch set for the trigger housing pins.
    2. Couple of screw drivers
    3. Spanner or two

Watch the vids first as they will give you some ideas.