Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bottles

bottles

Hi as anyone any knowledge of a company that put there own stamps on there own bottles.This stops anyone else but them retesting the bottles.I took 1 in for retest the other day and was told today they could not retest it by law because of this stamp ??

Wow that is a nice side line for them then , i guess they will not be doing business long if they try tricks like that , so if you live 300 miles from them how do you get a test you have to take it to them ?
    What company is it and ware are they would love to know

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    Wow that is a nice side line for them then , i guess they will not be doing business long if they try tricks like that , so if you live 300 miles from them how do you get a test you have to take it to them ?
    What company is it and ware are they would love to know
    i think there a big company that owns or makes the bottles.Iwill find out more tomorrow when i pick the bottle up and quizz the guy

i just wondered if anyone had come accross this before

not heard of this being done before

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    not heard of this being done before
    Me either .
    to the OP I just wonder if the guy you took it to does not test them but sends them to be tested and he did not have enough to send or the place he was getting them tested has close .

I thought any place that does testing can test any bottle ,my cylinder came from ronniesunshine but can be tested anywhere

Me either .
    to the OP I just wonder if the guy you took it to does not test them but sends them to be tested and he did not have enough to send or the place he was getting them tested has close .

I thought any place that does testing can test any bottle ,my cylinder came from ronniesunshine but can be tested anywhere
    i took it to a dive shop that test them on site.Rather than send bottles out they get someone in two days a week to do the tests in house

No I've never heard such a thing, a test centre is a test centre, a test is a test.

I have heard of dive places who will not do a surface 5 year test or will not retest any cylinder that has previously been given a 5 year surface test.
    iirc it was members of a specific diving organisation.

as i say i will know more tomorrow on collection and just trying to make people aware of this

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No I've never heard such a thing, a test centre is a test centre, a test is a test.

I have heard of dive places who will not do a surface 5 year test or will not retest any cylinder that has previously been given a 5 year surface test.
    iirc it was members of a specific diving organisation.
    i think its the company that owns the bottles stamp

@threelander ok so they test on site you dropped hte bottle off then they called you to sya they can not test that does not make sense , you took it in they saw the bottle so should have said sorry no right there and then surely , also what bottle is it then maker because i would love to look in to the maker and find out how they can say they have to test what if you moved to spain or france are they saying you have to come back to the uk if it was a uk bottle or what , that does not make sense at all

@threelander ok so they test on site you dropped hte bottle off then they called you to sya they can not test that does not make sense , you took it in they saw the bottle so should have said sorry no right there and then surely , also what bottle is it then maker because i would love to look in to the maker and find out how they can say they have to test what if you moved to spain or france are they saying you have to come back to the uk if it was a uk bottle or what , that does not make sense at all
    how does it not make sense.The guy that booked it in may not have known it may have been the tester that pointed this out to him ??

The only time I came across this was with a company that produced air bottles for medical use I herd that someone took one to a shop and asked if they could fit a new valve and retest it for gun use they were told no because it was marked to that company --I think it will be the same as them blue euro pallets you see about they belong to one company

Quote Originally Posted by threelander View Post
    how does it not make sense.The guy that booked it in may not have known it may have been the tester that pointed this out to him ??
    No i mean that they can not test it , like others have said i never heard it and bare in mind the club i go to has a huge amount of air gunners and they even fill their bottles there , and whne i had mine filled i asked the guy where i have to take it and he said we test them no problem and then put a tamperproof label on , i just mean seems funny they will not test it and they say the company who make the bottle have to , see as i say let's say you move to spain with your bottle what do you just throw it away then

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    The only time I came across this was with a company that produced air bottles for medical use I herd that someone took one to a shop and asked if they could fit a new valve and retest it for gun use they were told no because it was marked to that company --I think it will be the same as them blue euro pallets you see about they belong to one company
    Good point , yes if it was not meant for air rifles and or a dive bottle then yes i guess if it was for hospital use or something then may be it has to go back like calor bottles .