Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bottles

can i just say telling you what i was told today and i just asked the question if anyone else had come across this and make people aware.A simple yes or no would have surficed until i know more info when i go to collect the bottle tomorrow and ask the questions

well i wonder what make the bottle is you asked , i just wonder where you got the bottle as never heard this before

the bottle was bought second hand and its my friend that bought it.I just took it over for testing as he doesn,t drive.i also took a 7 litre bottle at the same time that got tested no problem. like you guys never heard of this but now i have. not making this up its fact

no mate i don't doubt you ,i had issues with parcelforce and the story they spun mate you could not make that up .

I was just wondering where it came from or what brand , i got mine from ronniesunshine and as i say thousands of people go through the regional shooting center near me never heard of a bottle having to go back to the maker before , that is why i asked the questions , i just wondered was the guy just peeing you round because he sends off or somethign and instead of just telling you the truth messed you round but if he did 1 then there must be issues with the brand i guess or where it came from .
    May be it is stamped to the company it was made for ie NHS or to someone

good luck but do you know the manufacturer as i say it might be hundreds of miles from you so you will be left holding the bottle shall we say

I know in the paintball world some bottles that were tested to the dot American standard and not the UK ones can't be retested to the UK standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    The only time I came across this was with a company that produced air bottles for medical use I herd that someone took one to a shop and asked if they could fit a new valve and retest it for gun use they were told no because it was marked to that company --I think it will be the same as them blue euro pallets you see about they belong to one company
    i think thats the problem but i just thought i should let folks know this

Quote Originally Posted by threelander View Post
    i think thats the problem but i just thought i should let folks know this
    If it is, surely it should never have been sold on to your mate ?

I have never heard of this,
    Interested to hear the feedback the OP gets from the shop, if there's one one dodgy bottle knocking around there's probably more.
    A good shout from threelander, Martin

Sounds like a bottle which has been repurposed by another manufacturer which isn’t marked up for hpa.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Cant remember what forum it was on but one member got a huge tank from some place . Way bigger than a normal dive bottle .

Bottles could come from any place . I have seen BOC cylinders come up on Gumtree in the past for example .

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Are there medical bottles filled with air ? What are they used for ?

Is it possible that the shop can't test a bottle for air if it was originally for oxygen, for example ?

EDIT: I looked on the BOC site, medical air bottles are used as backup to hospital compressor air supplies and can be used to power surgical tools as well as deliver anaesthetic. Learn something every day.
    Last edited by Born Again; 13-05-2021 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Posted before googling - stupid me.

got a bit if a update today from the dive shop.It was a pi symbol that is stamped on the bottle meaning they were not certified to retest the bottle.I am also waiting for info from hydrotech as to why this all came about

Cheers mate the info may well help others , would be nice to find out what pi is and why the shop is not cleared to test it if thye can test other bottles what makes this bottle so special good luck

Ok the name you gave had me thinking my is a hydro i got it from ronniesunhine and has been tested by a local company hmmm i would what is different on yours i have the 3ltr dumpy air rifle cylinder with the valve and whip that came from ronnies with the bottle i am looking forward to what you find out .

please keep us informed

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    Cheers mate the info may well help others , would be nice to find out what pi is and why the shop is not cleared to test it if thye can test other bottles what makes this bottle so special good luck

Ok the name you gave had me thinking my is a hydro i got it from ronniesunhine and has been tested by a local company hmmm i would what is different on yours i have the 3ltr dumpy air rifle cylinder with the valve and whip that came from ronnies with the bottle i am looking forward to what you find out .

please keep us informed
    it seems like hydrotech like to test there own bottles

Hi mate mine was tested by al ocal dive shop and they never told me that they did the test put the ain't tamper label on and that is it another 5 years ,i wonder what is special about your one i have the 3ltr dumpy from hydro purchased from ronnies .

I look forward to hearing what hydro tell you because mine got tested ok