Thread: Milbro-Diana Series 70/Mod 16

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Milbro rifle

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    The stamped numbers are generally the date and month of production, or so it is assumed. this seems to hold true. 3 and 2 might mean 1973, February? The stock medallion on this one is the while plastic which is early 1970s, later replaced by the stamped metal foil one with 'Milbro'. This model wet through various iterations, dark and light stock stains and the stock form altered with fashion. This is consistent with the early 1970s date. Milbro were nothing if not practised at selling he same thing in a new wrapping.
    Hi it's Craig again I think having had a look at your photos again I think you might have a Diana or Milbro model 16 having been put in a series 70 model 76 stock .Having said that I have looked at my Milbro & my Diana model 16 and unless you modify the series 70s stock the model 16 not going in the stock .Could you please measure the length of your stock and let me know then I can compare it to mine .Having done a bit of research I have found that the Milbro series 70s rifle started at 70 in 1970 and finished the range at the series 70 model 80 .Craig
    Last edited by Rair rifles; 14-05-2021 at 12:44 PM.