Thread: Bsa cadet

Bsa cadet

My mate Guy reckons I should put an old Cadet on my wanted list, he knows how much I love meteors and mercurys.
    I only want a shooter, not a looker, and don't mind doing a bit of internal fettling.
    I'll put a want up in a bit, if anyone's got a one they want to move on. But bearing in mind I want more of a project, what's people's thoughts on price?
    ATB
    Dan

Price

I, d say 45 to 65, for a fully working Cadet, I sold one last year and it was Rough for 40, but worked very well.

Atb

Trooper

I have been looking for one in top nick .

Bsa cadet

I have a few in different conditions I would be willing to sell.

Bsa cadet

The cadet's I have are good to very good compared to some I have seen advertised elsewhere for twice the money. I think probably £ 80 for the poorer ones and a bit more for the better ones showing etching , does this sound about right?

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR1 View Post
    The cadet's I have are good to very good compared to some I have seen advertised elsewhere for twice the money. I think probably £ 80 for the poorer ones and a bit more for the better ones showing etching , does this sound about right?
    I would would estimate £60-£80 to be about right for a private sale dependent on condition.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR1 View Post
    Put them up with pictures and prices ?

You would be better off with a Cadet Major, rather than a Cadet for a few reasons
    (1) Longer (2) More Powerful by a bit (3) Adjustable trigger (4) Better adjustable sights

Lakey

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    You would be better off with a Cadet Major, rather than a Cadet for a few reasons
    (1) Longer (2) More Powerful by a bit (3) Adjustable trigger (4) Better adjustable sights

Lakey
    I totally agree with the above, by far the better of the 2 rifles.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post

Lakey
    I suggested a Cadet to Dan as he would probably use it to plink with his grandson and a rough plinker should come up pretty cheap.

I think the Cadet Major is a lovely looking rifle and I like them, but a Cadet is more of a pure plinker.
    Being shorter would be an advantage. The power is not an issue for Dan shooting in the garden, the trigger is heavier / safer (a Bsa selling point I believe) and the rearsight, although not adjustable for elevation, is less likely to get damaged.
    I advised him against a Diana 25 (cracking little guns) for the same reason--ie the rearsight

They were the reasons I suggested a Cadet to Dan-----------but it is a matter of taste.
    I talked him into looking for a Webley Falcon as well, which are nice guns, with a simple adjustable reasight. I do like the way it adjusts.

Its ok Dan I wont try to talk you into looking for anything else --_YET
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Bsa cadet

PM sent to Dan.

I think Guys trying to bankrupt me lol, so, I have a Falcon, a Cadet Major, and a Cadet Meteor,.... OK, I will try for one cheapy cadet basic model, £40ish please if anyone has one, then I'm done, well I'm going to be more than done when the missus finds out... Don't listen to Guy... He is the airgun devil in disguise... Lol although he does keep telling me not to buy a bsa scorpion pistol.....
    ATB
    Dan

I think the thing is that those of us of a certain age, fondly remember the Cadet as being the rifle used (usually with wonky sights!) at the travelling fair. They are a lovely little plinking gun suitable for introducing youngsters to the sport -- I dearly wish I'd kept mine!

I vaguely remember the guns from the fairground, thinking back they were probably basic cadets.
    I'm sure one will turn up at the right price. I'll leave the good looking ones for collectors, a nicely worn one will do, er, nicely lol
    Dan

Nuts! I keep missing nice cheapy Cadets, last one was sold fer £30.
    I reckon I should still try a cadet, so I'll regurgitate my wanted ad methinks. After that, I think I'll focus more on webley pistol projects, unless a cheapy scorpion comes along (winding Guy up lol)