Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diana K98 Taming?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    The longer cycle is good training. Stick in 50g of piston weighs and it will be even slower.
    lol... I wouldn;t mind, but the rifle is so front heavy, I can't hold it still as the piston slowly edges forwards on it's epic journey...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

You could always take off the but plate, drill a hole up the butt (oo-err) and fill it with lead or a steel rod. That should bring the balance back a bit. The original rifle is a pound heavier than the Diana airgun so that should give you plenty of scope to move the balance point back and still keep it realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    You could always take off the but plate, drill a hole up the butt (oo-err) and fill it with lead or a steel rod. That should bring the balance back a bit. The original rifle is a pound heavier than the Diana airgun so that should give you plenty of scope to move the balance point back and still keep it realistic.
    funnily enough.. I have a thick metal plate that I'm going to add to the butt, as I also find the LOP too short... currently I have a leather shotgun style slip on extender (!) that look the part (way better than the diane plastic affair) and works, but doesn't address the weight imbalance issue.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I will admit it is a lump to hold on target especially standing, fascinating though and I wish there were more replicas available. Adds a nice extra layer of interest to airguns.
    I was tempted with a cerakote job in dark bronze but can't lose that mauser logo.
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    If you guys think that the Diana K98 is heavy just think how heavy it would be if it had a HW,AA or LGU action

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    If you guys think that the Diana K98 is heavy just think how heavy it would be if it had a HW,AA or LGU action
    I picked up a K98 in a gunshop years ago as it caught my eye as being on offer at that shop on that occasion.
    Unfortunately it's front heavy characteristics didn't endear it to me though the build quality did. Seems built like a tank.
    I've tried to muster some enthusiasm for the gun since but have failed. I'd have one- but wouldn't go out of my way to track one down- and would target other Diana models to purchase before this one.
    The 460 Mag is not a lightweight in its own right but are you saying it's lighter than the comparable HW and AA models Barry? I've never looked or checked to be honest.
    Dave

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    The 460 Mag is not a lightweight in its own right but are you saying it's lighter than the comparable HW and AA models Barry? I've never looked or checked to be honest.
    Dave
    Hi Dave yes the 460 Mag is lighter than the TX/PS,77/97 and LGU and even most Magnum break barrels, that's why I'm a little surprised the K98 is so heavy.

Does anyone know where I can source a transfer port restrictor for the 48, I believe they are 10mm diameter, 0.4mm thick, with a 2mm hole. I buggered one up on a rifle I was doing for a friend and would like to replace it

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can source a transfer port restrictor for the 48, I believe they are 10mm diameter, 0.4mm thick, with a 2mm hole. I buggered one up on a rifle I was doing for a friend and would like to replace it

Here number 19 and 19a .

https://www.omps2.it/en/firearm-spar...48-sl-t01.html
    19 is 3mm
    19 A is 2.5 mm
    [IMG] image uploader[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Here number 19 and 19a .

https://www.omps2.it/en/firearm-spar...48-sl-t01.html
    19 is 3mm
    19 A is 2.5 mm
    [IMG] image uploader[/IMG]
    Ah, I thought that was the breech seal, not the restrictor

If you can make do without the restriction they shoot nicer although they do not like dropping to 12fpe. Just managed it but no chance with the stock spring.
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Ah, I thought that was the breech seal, not the restrictor
    I used a chambers picture as it showed the sizes. They dont list the parts though .

Quote Originally Posted by accused View Post
    If you can make do without the restriction they shoot nicer although they do not like dropping to 12fpe. Just managed it but no chance with the stock spring.
    yes.. or at least open it out to 3mm