Thread: Milbro Cougar request

Milbro Cougar request

I recently acquired a very nice example of a Milbro Cougar (has all the plastic intact). The Cougar was my first air gun, bought for me by my dad on my 13th birthday.
    The nostalgia value of this pistol is obviously priceless & I've wanted another for many years & now have one. I know how much disdain this gun is held in but I care not one jot, I'm so happy I have one.

So, I have stripped the old girl down. Cleaned everything of 40 years of grime. Rejuvenated the in surprisingly good condition leather piston seal. Polished the trigger sears & fitted a pin to the trigger to reduce the travel between the plastic trigger & it's metal insert.
    Fitted a PTFE piston sleeve & re-lubed the internals.
    Finally I fitted a new leather breech seal. She now shoots well mannered at just over 2ft lbs with Hobby .22's & the trigger is not that bad now.

Now to the issues. I am hoping some of the collectors on here will have Cougar spares. I need the screw for the foresight muzzle unit (screws in underneath the muzzle) & the sear spring that fits in between the large piston latching sear and the smaller sear that the piston sear engages.

If anyone has these to spare I would ask you to PM me to discuss a price.

I know its a beast of a pistol with a far from perfect trigger as supplied, some monkey metal parts & plastic furniture that is the most brittle material known to man but I love the old girl & want to make it the best I can. If anyone can help with any parts/spares I would be incredibly grateful. Not expecting freebies, fair prices paid.

Lastly. Does anyone know if there is a rubber breech seal available that fits the Cougar. The leather seal is working OK but would prefer a more modern seal.

Thanks

Spares

Protek supplies has a spares gun for sale, 50 odd quid I think.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikimaru View Post
    Now to the issues. I am hoping some of the collectors on here will have Cougar spares. I need the screw for the foresight muzzle unit (screws in underneath the muzzle) & the sear spring that fits in between the large piston latching sear and the smaller sear that the piston sear engages.

If anyone has these to spare I would ask you to PM me to discuss a price.

I know its a beast of a pistol with a far from perfect trigger as supplied, some monkey metal parts & plastic furniture that is the most brittle material known to man but I love the old girl & want to make it the best I can. If anyone can help with any parts/spares I would be incredibly grateful. Not expecting freebies, fair prices paid.

Lastly. Does anyone know if there is a rubber breech seal available that fits the Cougar. The leather seal is working OK but would prefer a more modern seal.

Thanks
    If you cannot find the proper screw, it is a 4ba countersink head screw and you should be able to get some off the bay and cut one down to suit. I use polyurethane tube, also off the bay 12mm OD and 8mm ID and cut, file and sand it to fit. It seems to work ok.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    If you cannot find the proper screw, it is a 4ba countersink head screw and you should be able to get some off the bay and cut one down to suit. I use polyurethane tube, also off the bay 12mm OD and 8mm ID and cut, file and sand it to fit. It seems to work ok.
    Thank you very much for the information. I will order the screw & try the seal method you mentioned. Does anyone know if there is a compatible sear spring for other guns that would be usable. I know I could try Piano wire & try to fabricate one but would prefer a proper spring.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper1965 View Post
    Protek supplies has a spares gun for sale, 50 odd quid I think.
    I noticed that but they won't post it & I live in York & don't drive.