Thread: HW77 Stock comb measurements please

HW77 Stock comb measurements please

Yesterday I placed an order with my RFD for a full length HW77 and he told me on the Mk3 they changed the shape of the stock from my old Mk2 one.
    Given that this rifle will only be used with open sights and will never see a scope the height of the comb is important to me.

Could anybody please give me measurements from the 2 points below on both the Mk2 and new Mk3 HW77's please?
    (I didn't think I would need those measurements from my old Mk2 before I sold it)

The image in the first post was lifted directly from the Weihrauch website

Below is a pic of my old 77 and shows a very low comb compared to the above picture and is the whole reason for me asking for these measurements as I might be as well to order a walnut CS500 with comb height measurements based on the Mk2 as I would be having the beech stock altered and refinished.

Third option Scott, you could swap your new stock for an early model, just be aware Hw tweaked the design over the years on the 77 stock and there are a lot of small changes, mid 2005/6 stocks are chunky and fill the hand nicely but then Hw started slimming down the end of the forend ?

You stock is supposed to be multi use, open's or scope.
    Hw77+7

A mk1 and two Mk2 measured the same today. A = 14 mm, B= 18 mm.
    Can do a MK3 Tuesday maybe.

Here's a CS stock I modified to allow the owner to use it with open sights, otherwise the comb was too high.

www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Taken from a line across the top of the action on a current 77, looks to me like A=25mm and B=22mm, with the action 16mm proud of the stock. So taken from a line off the stock that would be A=9mm and B=6mm if my maffs is right.

On the standard irons it was a bit of a squeeze for me to get to a comfortable sight line. Have got some peep sights on 8mm raisers which suit me nicely. Big thanks to Phatman (think I've got that correct) who is the fount of all peep sighted knowledge.

http://imgur.com/a/m79J8JX
    http://imgur.com/a/1CuHoIk
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

Apologies for the late reply, I had a rough few days (and a wee self pity party for one )

Thank you very much for the replies folks and a huge thanks to deejayuu & charliemow13 for taking the time to measure their stocks to help me out.
    @
    charliemow13 your 77 looks amazing with the diopter on it