Thread: A Boxed Tex 086 Air Pistol

A Boxed Tex 086 Air Pistol

For Sale: A 1970s break barrel Czech made .177 air pistol. Fully adjustable sights and in full working order. Overall, the Tex is in very good original condition with a few marks here and there, that show signs of prior use. This pistol incorporates a handy screw in screwdriver at the rear of the air cylinder, which may be used for adjusting the sights and the trigger, which is a quirky unusual feature to find. I have enjoyed using this pistol on the range, where it will topple tin cans or even group reasonably well. Being spring rather than CO2 powered, it is also more consistent over a string of shots and a true pleasure to use. As much as I'd like to, I can't keep all the airguns I sometimes buy for Airgun World tests!

The Tex is presented in a sturdy triangular box and a set of instructions. I have also sourced a small sample tin of Czech pellets that I’ll throw in for free. £85 F2F or I can post for an additional £12 at buyer’s risk. See photos below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZWeEL99i9UzhXpeeA

Thanks for looking,

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 14-05-2021 at 10:29 AM.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    For Sale: A 1970s break barrel Czech made .177 air pistol. Fully adjustable sights and in full working order. Overall, the Tex is in very good original condition with a few marks here and there, that show signs of prior use. This pistol incorporates a handy screw in screwdriver at the rear of the air cylinder, which may be used for adjusting the sights and is a quirky unusual feature to find. I have enjoyed using this pistol on the range, where it will topple tin cans or even group reasonably well. Being spring rather than CO2 powered, it is also more consistent over a string of shots and a true pleasure to use. As much as I'd like to, I can't keep all the airguns I sometimes buy for Airgun World tests!

The Tex is presented in a sturdy triangular box and a set of instructions. I have also sourced a small sample tin of Czech pellets that I’ll throw in for free. £85 F2F or I can post for an additional £12 at buyer’s risk. See photos below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZWeEL99i9UzhXpeeA

Thanks for looking,

John
    The screwdriver fits the trigger adjusting screw as well John. Well it did on mine. Mine was boxed as well. For some reason I didnt like it and I gave it to my Nephew. This thing is, the gun is more or less a later Slavia ZVP and I quite like those

They are very well made guns.
    Good luck with it.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    The screwdriver fits the trigger adjusting screw as well John. Well it did on mine.
    Which I even pointed out in my review but omitted from the description. Thanks Guy - now added.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Tex air pistol

Yes please I'll take this, pm incoming, cheers Roll

Quote Originally Posted by roll27 View Post
    Yes please I'll take this, pm incoming, cheers Roll
    All yours Roll.

PM sent. Thank you for offering to buy. I hope you will enjoy owning this classic.

Kind regards,

John

When I was 13 or 14 I went through a phase of desiring this pistol more than anything else! To be fair, all I had at the time was an RO72 and a Gat, so this represented the big time, airgun-wise.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    When I was 13 or 14 I went through a phase of desiring this pistol more than anything else! To be fair, all I had at the time was an RO72 and a Gat, so this represented the big time, airgun-wise.
    I really wanted one after reading about them in Hiller's book but did not find one until years later. It was the screwdriver that attracted me although I can't really explain why!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I really wanted one after reading about them in Hiller's book but did not find one until years later. It was the screwdriver that attracted me although I can't really explain why!

John
    John it was the illustration in my dog-eared Hiller's pistols book (2nd edition) that piqued my interest!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.