Thread: Parker Hale Phoenix MkII breech seal

Parker Hale Phoenix MkII breech seal

I have a Parker Hale Phoenix MkII in .177 which subsequent to a full service by PAX was shooting JSB Exact pellet on pellet at >20m. Then I appear to have blown the breech seal. I managed to find what looked like the same size O ring as the mashed one I removed but ever since replacing the gun appears to have lost its accuracy. I am feeling some resistance when cycling so suspect that I have got the wrong sized ring. Does anyone have drawings or know the correct size for the breech seal?

Thanks

Duncan

Should be with you now

Phoenix breech sea

Ken,

You are an absolute superstar.

Many thanks

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Should be with you now
    Hi Ken,

I have just taken mine out recently and it seems a bit louder than it used to be from the breech area. Planning to investigate. Are you able to share? Any diagram/ details would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Diagrams sent
    Last edited by ken69; 15-05-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Hi Ken,

I feel a bit cheeky asking, but now that the Phoenix is discontinued I'd feel happier knowing I had the information to keep mine running, is it possible I could have a copy of the drawings ? I'd be grateful.

Steve

Hi ken. Any chance you can send me the info also please. Regards. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Hi ken. Any chance you can send me the info also please. Regards. Chris
    You should have them now Chris if the email address in your profile is up to date

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    Hi Ken,

I feel a bit cheeky asking, but now that the Phoenix is discontinued I'd feel happier knowing I had the information to keep mine running, is it possible I could have a copy of the drawings ? I'd be grateful.

Steve
    PM me an email address please Steve

I Also have a Pax Phoenix MkII in .177 that was losing air so a full service was required, I service all my guns I like to maintain them myself this one is quit a simple rifle the only part I found a bit tricky
    was the value housing took a bit to figure how to strip it but apart from that no problems here's a diagram
    Phoenix-Exploded-Diagram.pdf (bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk) and there one for the parker hale phoenix and the fast fire ten, they also sell the seals kits which had been updated to now include the .177 breech seal. I think the breech seal is 4.5ID x 2.5 CS NBR 70 for the .177 hope that helps.
    Last edited by WOLVES; 16-05-2021 at 05:46 AM.

It seems as if the Phoenix is quite popular nowadays, that's good to see, I absolutely love mine - it's incredibly accurate with JSB heavies, despite the somewhat agricultural trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Diagrams sent
    Hi Ken,

Any chance you could send again? I had an old email account registered, just updated it.

Thanks,

You’re a star

Thanks ken. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Hi Ken.......
    You’re a star
    He is indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLVES View Post
    I Also have a Pax Phoenix MkII in .177 that was losing air so a full service was required, I service all my guns I like to maintain them myself this one is quit a simple rifle the only part I found a bit tricky was the value housing took a bit to figure how to strip it but apart from that no problems here's a diagramPhoenix-Exploded-Diagram.pdf (bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk) and there one for the parker hale phoenix and the fast fire ten, they also sell the seals kits which had been updated to now include the .177 breech seal. I think the breech seal is 4.5ID x 2.5 CS NBR 70 for the .177 hope that helps.
    According to the drawings (from Ken but also subsequently from PAX), the breech seal is a BS107 2.62mm Section 5.23mm Bore NITRILE 70 Rubber O-Rings even for .177. I know that this appears to make no sense since .177" = 4.4958mm. However, studying the way the pellet probe engages with the barrel my conclusion is that the o ring is less to be a snug fit with the pellet but to guide the pellet into the barrel. Anyway, BS107 are widely available and though it was a bitch to get in, the result is that my Phoenix is now shooting pellet on pellet at > 20m.